cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku not recognising login details

Hi, I'm am trying to log in to NOWTV through the Roku box. The email address and login details are correct as I am able to login on my phone using this.

I have turned the box on and off again on numerous occasions at the plug.

Please help
33 REPLIES 33
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Henry

You know, if you really want your problem looked at by Roku then you would be better off going to the Roku support forum and accessing their text chat support facility, which I have used several times before. It is possible that they could help you find a solution to your problem.

You must understand that Roku is a global brand and to expect their Devs to check out Now TV's community forum is not realistic.

Good luck

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been told by the customer service team that the Nowtv app for Roku is developed by Sky/nowtv, not by roku.

I explained the problem and didn't gave me any solution.

Also I posted the same question in the Roku channel as I posted few messages before

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have spent yesterday evening trying to sign into Nowtv app on Roku . Like all the other customers , I have tried all solutions. 
1. Checked login details . All other devices login.

2. Password is only alphanumeric .

3. Had to reset Roku stick after update. 

The only reason for buying the Roku stick , unlike competitors was that I could have all of my streaming services on one stick . 

I find it quite disturbing that Nowtv  is aware of the problem with Roku and not able to solve it . Please will support give their attention to this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found the solution for anyone who has the same problem. The problem was a VPN . If you want to log into now tv on a Roku stick and you registered with Roku using a VPN it is likely that you are seemingly located in another country and Now Tv will not allow you to login. 

The same with the BBC iPlayer . 
solution:

Press the reset button on your stick.

Cancel your Roku account.

Turn off VPN 

Go through the start up procedure on your Roku device which will involve you opening a new account. 
The Roku device will now know your in the U.K. and you will be allowed to use Now TV .