cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku not recognising login details

Hi, I'm am trying to log in to NOWTV through the Roku box. The email address and login details are correct as I am able to login on my phone using this.

I have turned the box on and off again on numerous occasions at the plug.

Please help
33 REPLIES 33
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for coming back to me. No I don't. The email address and password are just letter and numbers.

Is there away anyway to get signed in?

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Usually your NOW TV account 'User Name' is not your email address 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is. It asks you to login with your email address or user account name and then enter your password. I've triple checked this on all devices. I don't have an account name just the email to log in with and it works on my phone and Apple TV.

Can you please let me know why it is not working on the Roku?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Can you please let me know why it is not working on the Roku?

Provided your NOW TV 'User Name' and 'Password' are correct, there shouldn't be a problem logging into the NOW TV service!

Any more than that, I'm not aware of as I don't work for NOW TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am experiencing the same problem as original poster. Tried two accounts on NowTV - both are successful on website but both fail on Roku's NowTV app. All other apps working so not Roku or network issue.

Anyone else with this problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved!

Logged in on website and added payment details - that was it. Now am able to login, first try, on Roku.

That was it.

Very poor user experience and documentation. It should have given an appropriate message and job done. That would be far too obvious. That said, the reality is probably a badly designed system with an unintended side effect that was not widely known or understood.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, Now TV has not been available on Roku for several days. Message comes up that they couldn’t log me in right now, and it won’t let me sign in. Can be viewed on iPad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Can log into now tv on laptop or tablet but when enter username/email and password it tells me that my "account was not set up properly and to go to nowtv.com/account to complete the set up"

Frustrating, I want to buy a week pass for Ryder Cup but I will not if I can't watch on my tv.