cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku not recognising login details

Hi, I'm am trying to log in to NOWTV through the Roku box. The email address and login details are correct as I am able to login on my phone using this.

I have turned the box on and off again on numerous occasions at the plug.

Please help
33 REPLIES 33
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Morris

I am also a Roku user, but I use the Roku 3, the only question I have to ask is this "have you registered and setup your Roku device on the Roku web-site before trying to use Now TV?"

If not then the Roku will not work.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same error, after trying some of the suggestions here I realised it was because I had a new WiFi network and needed to select that within settings. If the error had been unable to connect to WiFi rather than login details not recognised it would have saved me about 24 hours of pain!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on the Roku Streaming Stick, gave all the fixes a try and nothing works. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I can't Edit my post I'll reply to it. I found a fix. When I installed the Roku stick it had an update, I think it's this update which stops NowTV from logging in. All you have to do to fix it is hold the reset button on the stick down for 15/20 secs and it will reset your stick to Default. 

Now TV, now logs in first time and every time, only problem is you will need to setup all your other TV services again.

Hope that helps someone.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Taz

That was a good solution and, basically, the only one required when faced with a non-responsive device, i.e. a factory reset followed by re-registering the device with your details.

Cheers

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy 

And also worth noting that a Factory Reset does not include removing updates, so your Stick is now running happily on the updated version you ascribed your woes to.

So your device might have been upset by the update process. But it clearly wasn’t upset by the contents of the update (unlike the recent iPad update that fubared everyone not on iPadOS 13).

Or it might have gotten itself upset anyway. All devices that fail, fail after an update, almost by definition. Question is, was it immediately after?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi again Roy

You said, "Question is, was it immediately after?". Well. the problem with updates is that we never know when they are going to be released, what they do when they're released or if they're beneficial.

The only thing we do know about updates is when something goes wrong, and only after an exhaustive check.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

I don't know if since the last 2 months, anyone is able to finally login with a Roku device. As I have explained here 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Unable-to-login-in-Roku-app/m-p/517593

I have been able but I had to find an extra short email address (less than 16 chars I think).

My model is Roku Streaming Stick+, version 9.2.0, build 4807-50 (latest available I believe). The NowTV app is v5.6.53

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Henry

I'm a Roku 3 owning Now TV user and I've just counted all the characters in my email address, and that comes up to 23. Plus, since I've been a Now TV customer from 2015 I've never (ever) seen a complaint about a 16 character limit on email addresses.

Because I cannot begin to guess if or where you've gone wrong, may I suggest that you do a hard reset on your Roku stick, which will take you back to the device's factory default, and carefully re-install your user details.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. As I said, I have done nothing wrong. The Roku stick is brand new and had setup the normal way, this is not rocket science. I think your model is not the same as mine.

Now it's working with my workaround, I can't be bothered of doing a hard reset. Just I was hoping that someone of the dev/qa team of NowTV will read this message and create a bug ticket.