cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku not recognising login details

Hi, I'm am trying to log in to NOWTV through the Roku box. The email address and login details are correct as I am able to login on my phone using this.

I have turned the box on and off again on numerous occasions at the plug.

Please help
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To clarify, this problem occurs when trying to log in through roku 2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have tried so many times to log into roku on my tv, i have registered for an account and put in card details , put in the correct password and email but it still wont do it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes think its roku 2 its a new stick that goes in tv a now tv one

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My new roku box will not accept my email and password which is my account log in details , this is so frustrating
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is this the first Roku and/or NOW TV box you've set up? If so, the NOW TV app on these doesn't always work well with passwords with special characters in, make sure yours just contains letters and numbers, or change if not. Also, check on your My Account > Account Details page 

https://account.nowtv.com/account-details

to see what your username is, and try logging in with this rather than using your email address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broken or withdrawn support for some special characters on some playback devices...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This may be a bit late.

When I tried to register a new ROKU2, using a correct user/pass or email/pass combo, it repeatedly failed.

The workaround was to contact NOWtv support, have all my other devices removed from the list and reinstall them, starting with the ROKU (the order may not be essential).

HTH

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.

Using NOWTV username and password.

Have a login space available.

No special characters and trying to login on a ROKU2 box.

Have others tried the reseting all devices through the helpline and setting the roku box as the first device. Not keen to spend time in a phone queue if it won't work?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  However till now I had 4 devices registered, so as it is now 1st March I deleted one device and tried to log in on a brand new Roku stick and it says there is a problem.  I have checked on my Now TV and it says there are only 3 devices registered...how do I get around this?  There are only alpha numeric chars in my password.