First Poster

Re: Roku not recognising login details

I have the same problem
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hi @Kay10,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broken or withdrawn support for some special characters on some playback devices...

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Dark_Fiber
First Poster

This may be a bit late.

When I tried to register a new ROKU2, using a correct user/pass or email/pass combo, it repeatedly failed.

The workaround was to contact NOWtv support, have all my other devices removed from the list and reinstall them, starting with the ROKU (the order may not be essential).

HTH

0 Thanks
Lynnejay1
First Poster

Yes, Now TV has not been available on Roku for several days. Message comes up that they couldn’t log me in right now, and it won’t let me sign in. Can be viewed on iPad.

0 Thanks
BannerRed
Occasional Poster

I am having the same problem. Can log into now tv on laptop or tablet but when enter username/email and password it tells me that my "account was not set up properly and to go to nowtv.com/account to complete the set up"

Frustrating, I want to buy a week pass for Ryder Cup but I will not if I can't watch on my tv. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
BannerRed
Occasional Poster

To clarify, this problem occurs when trying to log in through roku 2.

0 Thanks
michelle666
Occasional Poster

i have tried so many times to log into roku on my tv, i have registered for an account and put in card details , put in the correct password and email but it still wont do it 

0 Thanks
michelle666
Occasional Poster

yes think its roku 2 its a new stick that goes in tv a now tv one

0 Thanks
Biddymacp
Occasional Poster

Same issue here.

Using NOWTV username and password.

Have a login space available.

No special characters and trying to login on a ROKU2 box.

Have others tried the reseting all devices through the helpline and setting the roku box as the first device. Not keen to spend time in a phone queue if it won't work?

Thanks

0 Thanks