cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Charcharlots
Occasional Poster

Roku not recognising login details

Hi, I'm am trying to log in to NOWTV through the Roku box. The email address and login details are correct as I am able to login on my phone using this.

I have turned the box on and off again on numerous occasions at the plug.

Please help
0 Thanks
18 Replies
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Roku not recognising login details

Hi @Charcharlots,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Charcharlots
Occasional Poster

Thanks for coming back to me. No I don't. The email address and password are just letter and numbers.

Is there away anyway to get signed in?

Thanks
0 Thanks
Champion 5

Hi @Charcharlots,

Usually your NOW TV account 'User Name' is not your email address Smiley Wink

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Charcharlots
Occasional Poster

Yes it is. It asks you to login with your email address or user account name and then enter your password. I've triple checked this on all devices. I don't have an account name just the email to log in with and it works on my phone and Apple TV.

Can you please let me know why it is not working on the Roku?
0 Thanks
Champion 5

@Charcharlots wrote:
Can you please let me know why it is not working on the Roku?

Provided your NOW TV 'User Name' and 'Password' are correct, there shouldn't be a problem logging into the NOW TV service!

Any more than that, I'm not aware of as I don't work for NOW TV!

0 Thanks
Jitters3
Occasional Poster

Am experiencing the same problem as original poster. Tried two accounts on NowTV - both are successful on website but both fail on Roku's NowTV app. All other apps working so not Roku or network issue.

Anyone else with this problem?

Jitters3
Occasional Poster

Problem solved!

Logged in on website and added payment details - that was it. Now am able to login, first try, on Roku.

That was it.

Very poor user experience and documentation. It should have given an appropriate message and job done. That would be far too obvious. That said, the reality is probably a badly designed system with an unintended side effect that was not widely known or understood.

0 Thanks
Neilbb
First Poster

Roku box will not accept email and password

My new roku box will not accept my email and password which is my account log in details , this is so frustrating
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Roku box will not accept email and password

@Neilbb

Welcome to the forum. Is this the first Roku and/or NOW TV box you've set up? If so, the NOW TV app on these doesn't always work well with passwords with special characters in, make sure yours just contains letters and numbers, or change if not. Also, check on your My Account > Account Details page 

https://account.nowtv.com/account-details

to see what your username is, and try logging in with this rather than using your email address.

0 Thanks