cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigjocky
Mentor

Roku login issues

I have just purchased 2 Roku express 4k boxes and both will not accept my Now  user name (email) and password. All works fine on my mobile device with same user name and password.

Tried reboots and factory resets. Still no luck.

I am using BT broadband.

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Bigjocky 

Did you type the information in, or accept it as a suggestion?

I found that my email address, when suggested, was coming up with a trailing space, and this stopped it being accepted.

Or perhaps you have the converse, where the mobile phone suggestion has the trailing space, and Now has this as your ‘correct’ email address?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Bigjocky
Mentor
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Just tried that and still no luck.

Cheers
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Bigjocky 

Special characters on the NOW password used to be problematic using Roku, though I haven't seen this reported in a long time.

Sometimes NOW doesn't accept the login details if the Router IP can't be recognised or outside the UK (maybe try unplugging the power to the Router for around 30 minutes for the Router to automatically acquire an new IP).

When you say your phone works on the NOW App is that on the BT Router or over mobile internet data.

I am assuming the two Roku devices was bought in the UK and not imported.

Bigjocky
Mentor
Thanks for the suggestion, tried this and still not working?

Cheers
Bigjocky
Mentor

Hi All, finally sorted it after reading another person's solution.

I set up the Roku account using my business laptop. I work for a company based outside the UK. I presume the IP was set as outside the UK. This explains why the login was rejected.

Setup a new Roku account using my phone and another email. All good now. 

Thanks