cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku channel?

I have just read that the free roku channel is released on sky and NOW in the UK. But I can't find anything? How do I get this on my now box?

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appeared this month, so in order to be complete, the NowTV stick could do with the Roku store app

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The NowTV Stick is a deliberately cut-down Roku Stick, and this is reflected in its price.

If it had the Roku store, this would cannibalise Roku Stick sales, possibly to the point of extinction.

Neither NowTV nor Roku would find this desirable,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Roku account, and I would like to add my Apple TV account to the Roku channel so that I can stream Apple TV to my Roku stick. Are you saying that the Roku channel does not allow this (it does not appear to, I can't "activate" my roku stick via my account on my laptop), and that an additional app - the Roku store - would be required for this? Thanks.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Jimi

I have a Roku 3 streaming box, older than the current Roku stick, and I have the Apple TV app, installed from the Roku app store, in my list/stack of 60 to 70 odd apps.

However, you must register your Roku device on the Roku web-site before you can access the  Roku app store. And if you're having difficulty registering then, may I suggest, trying a different browser, one without any installed add-ons.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can’t add an account to a channel - the Roku channel is just another streaming service, like  Netflix or YouTube.

What is it you are trying to achieve here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I messaged them on their Facebook group but as yet there has been no response x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get my sports pass to work on nowtv on my roku box any answers please

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Mike

You asked, "How do I get my sports pass to work on nowtv on my roku box?"  

Do the following:

Go into My Account, at the top of this page.

Click on Manage Account and then click on the option Passes & vouchers

When you see Redeem a voucher, scroll down to the Sports section and click on Apply a voucher.

Finally, enter your pass/voucher code in the field provided, and of course press "Enter" for the pass to be accepted.

Yeah, that was five levels, in didn't used to be this hard.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I am assuming you know how to add passes in general, so I presume you have a specific failure when trying it, rather than having no idea how to go about it; though if that is the case @ukbobboy has you covered above.

But if it isn’t that, what fails where, and in what way?