cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Roku channel?

I have a NowTv stick and the Roku app has just appeared this morning..

0 Thanks
Scholar

It appeared this month, so in order to be complete, the NowTV stick could do with the Roku store app

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Highland 

The NowTV Stick is a deliberately cut-down Roku Stick, and this is reflected in its price.

If it had the Roku store, this would cannibalise Roku Stick sales, possibly to the point of extinction.

Neither NowTV nor Roku would find this desirable,

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted

I have a Roku account, and I would like to add my Apple TV account to the Roku channel so that I can stream Apple TV to my Roku stick. Are you saying that the Roku channel does not allow this (it does not appear to, I can't "activate" my roku stick via my account on my laptop), and that an additional app - the Roku store - would be required for this? Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 2

@Jimi76 

Hi Jimi

I have a Roku 3 streaming box, older than the current Roku stick, and I have the Apple TV app, installed from the Roku app store, in my list/stack of 60 to 70 odd apps.

However, you must register your Roku device on the Roku web-site before you can access the  Roku app store. And if you're having difficulty registering then, may I suggest, trying a different browser, one without any installed add-ons.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimi76 

You can’t add an account to a channel - the Roku channel is just another streaming service, like  Netflix or YouTube.

What is it you are trying to achieve here?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks