cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku box losing pictures on menu.

Is anybody getting the menu pictures constantly disappearing recently? In the last couple of weeks every time I turn the Roku box on and go to the menus I'm getting a blue screen with the show name but no pictures. I keep having to go into settings : power : restart to get them back. Next time I turn on they've disappeared again! Is this a software update issue, anybody? 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried a forced software update on the box, by pressing the Home button x 5 on the remote, quickly followed by pressing the FF x 3, then quickly pressing the RW x 2 to open the secret menu ?

Even if it shows your box is on the same current software, still update the software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, have reinstalled software even though it said I was up to date. will let you know if this does the trick. 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, forced software update did no good, pictures still disappearing. It's not an internet issue, average download speed is 10mb, 5 times the min recommended by Roku. Anybody else have any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pretty new to NowTV but I keep having same problem. I just have to reboot but it doesn't always work

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're watching through a nowtv box & haven't had pictures on the menu for about a week now. It often goes for an hour or so but I find the whole thing quite unreliable. It will also start buffering through a film, it's not the broadband, really spoils the film. Wish I knew how to get them back too.