cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku Streaming Stick Plus - NOWTV App looping straight back to home screen

Having a problem with the NowTV App on my Roku Streaming Stick +

Whenever I try to launch the App, it loads up then goes straight back to the Roku home screen. 

I can watch content from the Roku search, e.g. Toy Story 4, Parks and Recreation, but I can't use the NowTV App itself to find and launch content. I can't see Live channels either, obviously.

I have tried a full factory reset. I've tried the 'secret menu' to force a software update. No joy.

This has just started happening today. 

Any help appreciated..... Thx

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've narrowed down the problem. It only loops when you try going on the MyTV tab at the side of the app. 

If you watch a show via the Roku search, it plays fine. The next time you load the app, it goes to a different tab (I think related to the last content you watched), say Movies or Entertainment, and the app stays loaded. 

As long as you don't rest on the MyTV sidebar, the app continues to work. As soon as you try looking at MyTV, the app resets to the Roku home screen, and each time you boot up it goes straight to MyTV, resetting the app. Again, if you watch something from the other search, you can get it working again.

It's still kind of frustrating, but at least I've found a (sort of) workaround for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem. Thanks for the heads up on the work around.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User  for the "fix" for this. Driving me crazy but your workaround seems to work.

We just need someone from now or sky to take an interest now and issue an update to fix this.

I'm using the now ruku black box exactly the same issue

ALNOW1
Mentor

I have exactly the same problem on both a new Roku Streaming Stick + and an older Roku 3.  It didn't happen when I trialled NOW a couple of months ago.  So clearly it looks like an update screwed things up (I notice the update date is in April) which aligns with your issue.  Does anyone know how to actually complain to NOW or ROKU about this.  It is really frustrating that I can do everything on my phone's NOW app, but not on the ROKU!