cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku Now Tv App

Hello just moved from the Now TV stick to the Roku and noticing a big difference in picture quality and streaming but seem to have lost the function to see the NowTV TVguide where all the live channels are shown. 

Is this a bug or just the way the Roku app is?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just the way it is. Don’t think there is 30 minute live pause on Roku either, but I have an old model.  Also no separate sky sports news app, but you can watch sky sports news from app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that just seems rubbish.

with Roku being the build of now tv you would expect the same pause feature at least. The missing TV guide is a bit clunky too.

the roku seems to collect more of the streaming to take into account any drops or retries so I now don’t know what to go for the now stick or the roku

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You get the best Now TV experience with the Now devices.  The advantage of Roku is the other channels like Google Play, Amazon Prime etc.   Since Netflix came onto the Now devices I have stopped using the Roku and now have a Now TV stick, a Fire stick and a chromecast.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the now tv sticks are not as buffer friendly. I have a mobile connection and they do not cope well with missed packets etc. The roku seems to have a more generous hardware spec to stream and store ahead of the viewer