cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku Express and Now Tv

Hi.
I bought a Roku Express, from Tesco. specifically to be able to stream NOW TV to another room.
Though it says that it does on the side of the box, it does not because the NOW TV app does not appear in the "Roku Channel Store. Nor does the BBC iPlayer app appear there.
Am I stupid or am I doing something fundamentally wrong in setup?  I live in the UK and do not have a VPN connected
Can you please assist me by telling me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it!
Model Number: 3900EU
Software Version: 9.0.0.4142
Serial Number: YG0026643256
Device Number: E63912643256
Thanks and regards
Ivor Barnett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. If your box doesn't show having BBC or now tv then chances are it is setup as a U.S Box, or your Roku account itself is a U.S one. The box itself most certainly does indeed stream Now tv etc. Maybe do a factory default on the box in settings, and then do a firmware update too. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. If your box doesn't show having BBC or now tv then chances are it is setup as a U.S Box, or your Roku account itself is a U.S one. The box itself most certainly does indeed stream Now tv etc. Maybe do a factory default on the box in settings, and then do a firmware update too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I suspected that the firmware was dodgy as I can’t change the “channel store server” in the secret page.
Do you know how to rectify this problem or do a firmware update?
I appreciate your help.
Ivor Barnett
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User your software version is correct , The BBC I player should be in the channel store . I have just looked into mine and both the I player and Now TV are there.

I would go and get it exchanged at the Tesco store you got it from as it sounds like a faulty unit,

Or get a refund and get a new one from a different store just in case Tesco have a faulty batch and then you would end up with same problem.