cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Roku - Cannot access “My Account”

I undertook a log out of all devices and changed my password process to stop unauthorised access. When I now try to log in on my Roku devices on the My Account section of the Now app I get the message

Unknown Page Error. Somethings not right - give it a moment

on the screen.

I’ve tried many times with the same result. I’ve deleted and reloaded the Now app. I’ve reset the router. I’m able to view Now previews but cannot paid content or sign in. It’s happening on both 4K sticks and my stream bar.

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish

Are you using any special characters on your new password?

I don't know if Roku has fixed this, but I would avoid special characters on your password and stick to letters or numbers.

Are you using a VPN or third party software on your Router?

If so try temporary disable it.

Have you got mobile Internet data on your phone and if so try temporary using your phone has a wifi hotspot with the Roku devices to see if it allows you to log in.

Apart from that maybe contact live chat for further assistance. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish 

Another thing you can try is if you joined NOW a few years ago then you would have been asked to create a username (not Community Forum name, unless you used the same name).

Then during the sign in on the NOW App My Account login on the Roku devices, try both your username and email address.

Also with your email address, drop the @xxxxxxxx part on your email address to see if that is accepted.

I am also guessing you have tried the Community search box for similar results that may help.

I was half a sleep this morning when i replied on my first post, where i meant to say try a password with just letters and numbers in it and don't use special characters such has + - / & etc etc.

nowswaish
Scholar 3

Thanks for your input.

I have just tried connecting using my mobile as a 4G router and get the same response. I have no VPN or anything else unusual on the network and as I said the app is connecting and it allows me to view previews selected from the main page.

Due to the app not letting me into the My Account page I can’t sign in but I use a user name and a letter/number only password.

Guess I won’t be buying a sports pass for the T20 World Cup next week!

Again, thanks for your input.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish 

I am out of ideas, apart from maybe if you have created a Roku Account then maybe update and change your password on that account and perhaps a full factory reset on the Roku devices (just try one has a test if you haven't done it already).

If you decide to update your Roku Account details on their UK website, then i would suggest maybe try with the Chrome internet browser. 

The current version on my Roku Stick plus is OS 10.0.

nowswaish
Scholar 3

Ive undertaken a factory reset of one of the devices and the same symptoms remain.  Its very strange, almost as if NOW  didn't just sign out the devices when I requested it, they made them unusable! The old system when you could remove and add devices as you wished was much better in my mind.

No point in raising it with NOW as they will just slope shoulders and make unhelpful suggestions.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish 

This is a bit of a long shot, but maybe go into your online account with your internet browser and re-enter your personal details (including your current bank card on the NOW database).

nowswaish
Scholar 3

Dont think its anything other than a Roku app issue. My iPad, PC and Sony TV will all allow me access to the My Account page, its only the Roku devices that wont.

When I factory reset the Roku I needed to sign into the Roku account so thats working properly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Evening, 

This same thing has happened to me, I changed password to log all unauthorised devices out and now I cant log in to my account on any of my TVs, 3 teles! I can my phone and laptop, just not the tellys with my now tv/roku sticks x

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you getting the “home page” with the NOW sticks or is it a QR code to scan?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help