cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb64
Scholar 2

Roku Box Not Showing My TV Continue Watching

My Roku box isn't showing My Tv continue Watching but my firestick does my Roku box is up to date.

Has anybody else noticed this?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sb64 

This happens ALL too often and it is really annoying!

Best report to staff via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/feedback-complaints

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Tompo
Scholar 2

@sb64

As @gavs82008 says this does seem to be a bit of a recurring issue that randomly manifests for no obvious reason, it does usually fix itself after a bit of time, however I have found in the past logging out and back in to my NOW account on the Roku has woken it up, could just be coincidence but worth a try.

RoyB
Legend

@sb64 

Is the Roku box up to date? (Settings/System/Software Update/Check now)

Is the Now app up to date? (Home/position on Now/* on Roku remote/Check for updates)

Which Roku box? (Settings/System/About/Model and Software version)

Which version is Now (Open Now App/Gear Wheel top right/My Account/ digits at bottom e.g. 8.6.0)

My Roku Express 4K 3940EU, 12.5.0 build 4178-CR, shows it OK:-

IMG_1209.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
sb64
Scholar 2

Thanks for the replies it seems to have rectified itself today weird or what.

Roku box SE which is a Roku Express 3930EU  software version 12.5.0 build 4178-AE.

Now software version 8.6.0.

Ant42
Scholar

I'm having the same problem with my Roku Streaking Stick 4K. It's as if it has it's own independent watchlist and continue watching section which isn't shared with anything else:

• If I start watching something on any other device, it appears in the continue watching list on everything except the Roku
  • If I start watching something on the Roku, it appears in the continue watching list on the Roku only
  • If I add something to the watchlist on any other device, it appears in the watchlist on everything except the Roku
  • If I add something to the watchlist on the Roku, it appears in the watchlist on the Roku only

I noticed this after I subscribed to Cinema yesterday (I previously only used Now for live sport).

The Roku stick is signed into the same account and uses the same WiFi connection as all my other devices. Both the Roku stick and the Now app are up to date.

I've tried signing out of my Now account and back in and I've tried rebooting the Roku stick, neither made a difference. I even tried swapping it for an older Roku Streaking Stick+ I had spare but it had the same problem both before and after I updated the software.

Is there anything else I can try?

Model: 3820EU - Roku Streaming Stick 4K
Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-CU
Now version: 8.6.0

RoyB
Legend

@Ant42 

Quick test - my wife is watching “I’m a Calamity…” on itvX on our upstairs LG Nano TV, where we can get it from the app on the TV, or the app on the Roku Express 4K. We are vague about which she used last, but she certainly only used one, not both.

But the TV and the Roku, and in addition the downstairs LG GX TV and the Roku Premiere attached to it, all show the same up-to-date position on itvX, that Continue Watching will give last night’s episode.

But I’m puzzled by your observation, as it should be itvX - or Now in your case - keeping track of where Continue Watching has got to, not any individual device, Roku or not.

And it couldn’t be a Profiles thing, since, like Now, itvX doesn’t have profiles. (Though unlike Now, they are saying ‘yet’).

Cant answer for the Watchlist side of this, as we haven’t used it lately.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

When did ITVX say they will bring us profiles? Thought the only difference was for “kids” and adults?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Nothing published that I know of.

But some devices, e.g. LG TVs, don’t support profiles at all at present, and some only provide one main profile and the kids profile.

However, my understanding is that this isn’t how itvX plan to leave it,

Ant42
Scholar

I should clarify I was talking specifically about the Now app. All other apps on the Roku stick work fine in this regard (e.g. I can start watching something in Netflix on my Amazon Fire TV Cube, then continue watching from where I left off on the Roku stick or vice versa).

I agree it should be the app rather than the device that keeps track of watch progress - I think the problem is with the Roku version of the Now app. It's up to date, but just won't see any progress or bookmarks that can be seen on all other Now apps on the same account and won't share anything with them either.

I've just noticed this thread which seems to describe the same issue:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/NOW-Stick-wiped-my-watchlist-and-won-t-sync-b...

That seems to suggest that it used to work but doesn't any more since app version 8.3.2 (it's now 8.6.0).