Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku Apps on Now TV?

Hi

I have a Now TV smart box. 

I've seen an app that is available on Roku devices.

Is there a way to cheese this Roku App onto my Now TV box? (kinda seems silly that I can't as its a Roku device)

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to cheese you off, but no, unless you can find that app in the limited store that NowTV provide. (Have you looked there?)

But you might also find it kinda silly that NowTV can provide a Roku device so much more cheaply than Roku can; the answer being that NowTV Roku sticks are deliberately limited in the software they can run so they can be sold cheaper, without cannibalising Roku’s market for its full-fat devices.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

And that’s why - in my opinion - it’s better to buy the more expensive branded Roku device than the cut price cut down (made by Roku) NOW TV device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed @dr_necessitor 

I can't understand why people buy the NowTV devices when they are only a half baked product. Pound for pound they're not worth it compared to a proper Roku device.