cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku 2 and black NOW TV box - NOW TV app crashes

My Roku 2 had been working fine up till a couple of days ago, then it would crash every time I tried to load the app. So, I removed it and re-installed and that seemed to fix the issue. However as of today this no longer works and the app just crashes all the time now.

So does this just fix itself or is this box now dead?

Also, my black NOW TV box has also started doing it and it was also fine up till yesterday.

I'm guessing they are rolling out updates to the app in order to kill off old hardware?

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m guessing not, as that would be a boll ox way to do it, and even the white box is still running, if deprecated, and the black box is still current.

But maybe there has been an update in the last couple of days that has accidentally affected these two devices?

Can you check on each for what version of the software it is running, and, if it tells you, when it was last updated?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the Roku 2 had a system update on the 26/06 and the black box on the 25/06 so they have both been updated on the last 2 days... 😞

Is there a way to report this to NOW TV?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Buttons have been pressed,
Rules have been broken.
Strings have been pulled
And magic words spoken.
Invisible fingers will mould
Palaces of gold.

(Well, maybe not that, but it’s going to be looked at).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So a further update, seems like this is not device related after all as it is also happening on my NOW TV stick and a brand new Roku Express I purchased and set up today.

If I log on with a different NOW TV account and go to MY TV, the issue does NOT occur and I am able to see the programmes. If I log back on with the suspect account and do the same thing, the app crashes back to the home screen.

So, it only occurs when I go to MY TV, otherwise I am able to search and play programmes as normal.

Have tried to contact support but they are next to useless, will have another go tmrw...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm having same issue  with 2 different models roku boxs with the.my tv section.  Even had similar on a ipad. I solved that. Been on to nowtv about the issue so far no joy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I logged a call with NOW TV support about this and they came back with a resolution, however before I had a chance to implement their fix, I found that the problem had resolved itself, I'm not sure if it was something they did or, as has been suggested here, it just fixes itself after a few days?

This was the fix they suggested:

To resolve this for you we have made changes on your devices on your NOW TV account.
Please follow the steps carefully and let us know if you need help.
Kindly sign out from NOW TV account on the NOW TV App on all the devices you're facing the issue.
Then unplug the cables of  NOW TV stick  and box from your TV.
Wait for some minute then plugged in back again.
At the side of the NOW TV stick you will find a small reset button.
Press and hold it for 20 seconds.
You should see lets get started message on your TV screen, please follow the on screen instructions.
Then it will download the updates.
After the update is done please try using NOW TV again on your NOW TV Stick.

It's worth logging a call with NOW TV in my opinion to get them to look into it IMO

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi C

If I were you, I would sit tight, hold onto the solution/fix (coz' the problem is bound to crop up again) and. if you have to, thank them for their help.

Simply put, you've no longer got a problem for them to look into, and they've probably got a thousand plus other customers with problems waiting to get fixed.

UK Bob