cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently watched

I am watching NowTV using AppleTV and cannot tell you how infuriating it is to have to use the search function each time I want to find a show. Why is there not a recently watched tab, or at least a way of marking which episode I am up to? The Netflix and Prime apps are much less clunky and both have these options. What they don’t have though is Grey’s Anatomy!
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean, it's one of the reasons I gave up watching on Apple TV. About the best you can do is vote for and/or leave a comment to show your support for the Ideas Board suggestion here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/My-TV-section-on-Apple-TV/idi-p/259337

As you'll see this dates back to 2014 though so I hope you're not holding your breath!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! Will use the link you’ve provided to make the suggestion. And won’t hold my breath!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:
I am watching NowTV using AppleTV and cannot tell you how infuriating it is to have to use the search function each time I want to find a show. Why is there not a recently watched tab, or at least a way of marking which episode I am up to? The Netflix and Prime apps are much less clunky and both have these options. What they don’t have though is Grey’s Anatomy!

Unfortunately for reasons Sky have never bothered to explain, the Apple TV Now TV app is what's commonly known as "abandonware". In short, it will never be updated.  It will sit festering on the app store until Apple make some system level change at some point which innadvertantly breaks it, at which point it will be removed.

Fortunately the Netflix app is great and also happens to have 95% of all of the interesting content on it, so I the failure of Now TV is a non event for me. It's interesting that Netflix's great rival Amazon have slowed their output to such an extreme extent now that it's obvious that they too are preparing to conceed defeat. Netflix have won. It's over.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Well, thats it from me. The Apple Tv is up for sale. 

The Now Tv app is useless, the BBC iplayer app does not sync with any other iplayer app. So its over and out.

Just tried Now Tv on a PS4, very good along with Netflix, Amazon Prime and a BBC Iplayer app that syncs with the rest.

The Now Tv Smart Stick on the other telly was £20 well spent.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@nickmorcwrote:

The Now Tv app is useless, the BBC iplayer app does not sync with any other iplayer app. So its over and out.

Just tried Now Tv on a PS4, very good along with Netflix, Amazon Prime and a BBC Iplayer app that syncs with the rest.

My mistake the BBC i player app does now indeed work as it should. Mmmm do I keep it up for sale ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc wrote:

The PS4 is a passable media player if you don't mind listening to noisy fans whilst you watch, but there are some downsides.  The PS4 only supports HDR10, not Dolby Vision, which impacts Netflix (they have a lot of DV content). The Amazon app is capped at 1080p, so no 4K at all there or HDR. The iPlayer app is also capped at 720p with no support for 4K Hybrid Log Gamma. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

@nickmorc wrote:

The PS4 is a passable media player if you don't mind listening to noisy fans whilst you watch, but there are some downsides.  The PS4 only supports HDR10, not Dolby Vision, which impacts Netflix (they have a lot of DV content). The Amazon app is capped at 1080p, so no 4K at all there or HDR. The iPlayer app is also capped at 720p with no support for 4K Hybrid Log Gamma. 

Yep, tend to agree about the high level of fan noise on the PS4.In the end decided to keep the Apple TV. Have now started to use a chromecast for Now Tv. Seems to work quite well.

Just a shame Now Tv wont do anything with the app on the Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come Sky, this is rubbish. Sure Apple TV is an important platform for you. Having a recently viewed option is about as basic as it comes. Can think of another streaming service on any platform that doesn’t have this function. This makes you app frankly rubbish. You can do better, or is Apple blocking it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wasn’t just me thinking this then. Looks like it’s been a thing for a considerable amount of time. Hopefully, it will be updated at some point. I actually have to keep a note on my phone to remember what episode I am up to.