cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently updated Now TV is slow

Since NowTV has updated their streaming ap its now very slow to load and respond.

Should be known as 'Now Slow TV'.

Nothing wrong with our broadband or no. of devices. Happened the second the ap updated to its new look.

Very frustrating and will likely lead us to removing the ap and stopping all paid services next month. Same issue with our friends too who are also leaving.

20 REPLIES 20
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using for NOW? As I’ve not had many if any issues with my Sony Bravia Android TV

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv hdmi stick straight into tv. Worked fine but now takes 10 minutes to start a show.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried performing a factory reset? 

You tried unplugging your router for a few minutes? 

Do you have any more devices that support NOW?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done the factory reset and it did not change anything. Got it on phone and it works fine. The old sticks just dont support the new update....probably trying to do too much with older hardware but does this make all the nowtv sticks redundant?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Babbs

You said, "....but does this make all the nowtv sticks redundant?

Maybe, but I think most probably. 

The new owners of NOW have all but ditched all their old inherited hardware and any software updates that have been issued so far have done more harm than good. It seems logical that going forward the new owners will officially disown Now TV's hardware and not produce any other hardware of their own, possibly with the exception of badged routers.

Please note, the above is just speculation and I have no insider knowledge, i.e. I'm just a customer.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That being said, I haven't used my NOW stick since the rebrand. Having used my Amazon Fire stick with the new app I can safely say that it runs it like a charm. 

If you aren't too attached to the NOW stick, I would strongly recommend purchasing an Amazon Fire stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has gone slow, jumpy when I use the remote to move around the menu, and at times when I go onto non freeview channels ie entertainment it jumps out of it and goes back to freeview.  This has happened since the upgrade!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, were using a Roku nowtv box and it's also become almost unusable with nowtv, but works fine with the Netflix app so just poor programming from nowtv. We will be cancelling our subscription it's so bad!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

. Having used my Amazon Fire stick with the new app I can safely say that it runs it like a charm. 

If you aren't too attached to the NOW box, I would strongly recommend purchasing an Amazon Fire stick

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Hi Gavs

Just a quick question to pick your brains, it's obvious that NOW is ditching the old Now TV hardware, except for the Now TV/Sky router. However, as Now TV has always restricted the devices it's app can run on, especially android streaming boxes and other related equipment, do you think NOW will change this policy and open up it's app to hardware devices the former company wanted nothing to do with?

From a business and logical point of view this should be the way to go, i.e. allowing people with android kit, e.g. nVidia Shield, to run and subscribe to NOW.

But as you have some experience with NOW's American parent company, what do you think?

UK Bob