cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently updated Now TV is slow

Since NowTV has updated their streaming ap its now very slow to load and respond.

Should be known as 'Now Slow TV'.

Nothing wrong with our broadband or no. of devices. Happened the second the ap updated to its new look.

Very frustrating and will likely lead us to removing the ap and stopping all paid services next month. Same issue with our friends too who are also leaving.

20 REPLIES 20
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User what device make and model are you using? What app version/number are you using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 Out of interest, are you NOT seeing the slowness of the new app?

I’m seeing this on my Roku and AppleTV.

One day the app worked adequately (lets be honest the app has never performed well but it was passable) the next day the new look app was pushed out and it’s slow - on both my platforms. It’s almost unusable.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User nope, everything works as it did. Like I said in the other thread you commented in, it takes a split second longer to load some thumbnail images but navigation of the app is the same.

There has been two incremental updates on March 31st and April 8th which ironed out some bugs evident on other devices I use and so far so good with those devices as well.

Not great quality I'm afraid due to file attachment limitations here, but see the gif below (when logged into the community) to see on my Roku Premiere I can move around the app quite quickly and shows load in a couple of seconds.

20210418_113005.gif

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my AppleTV 4K it's slow because it doesnt allow Siri which is vastly annoying. Otherwise it's OK for speed. Functionally, I think I'll soon be persuaded to drop the very expensive NowTV.

(Search is at the BOTTOM?)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello. 

Wonder if you can help me. 

Just downloaded app via Now TV website onto my laptop but, as with others on here, everything I watch is out of sync. It's unbearable to watch. only just bought subscription with boost and now i want my money back because it's unwatchable. Would prefer to be able to watch it though so if you can help with that I'd be very happy. There's absolutely no customer service at all and I feel cheated.

thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No-one can help you regarding a refund because this is a customer forum. Speak directly to NOW via live chat, click “chat online”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah DC

Stuff got slow and clunky since the update.  You know,  you gotta ask why have they rolled out something that's so meh?  Gotta be that their rebranding is more important than retaining their existing customers.

Maybe, just maybe, their future updates will sharpen up on the apps response times, but they'll never tell us.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you need to vote with your wallet. Stop purchasing passes, then see if they fix it.

I'm waiting till seals ends and if it isn't fixed, then I'm off to buying/renting content I want on Google play or iTunes. Seems as though it will work out about the same cost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree, mine is almost unusable. Another example of laziness, incompetence and disregard for customers. Who puts out an update without testing it on all platforms, clearly NOW do. I will certainly not be paying for the service until they fix it.