cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently updated Now TV is slow

Since NowTV has updated their streaming ap its now very slow to load and respond.

Should be known as 'Now Slow TV'.

Nothing wrong with our broadband or no. of devices. Happened the second the ap updated to its new look.

Very frustrating and will likely lead us to removing the ap and stopping all paid services next month. Same issue with our friends too who are also leaving.

20 REPLIES 20
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Think it’s safe to say that since Comcast has taken over Sky and obviously NOW, there has been more of a push to get the app on more devices. 

Take the long awaited launch on Amazon fire sticks as an example, something that was never probably even considered before. Then just before that launch they sneakily launched it on Sony Bravia Android TVs!

Personally I’m glad they aren’t producing anymore hardware apart from like you mentioned for their internet side. Although there are still plenty of devices that are missing the app which you mentioned, then there is whole raft of other Android smart TVs. 

Many don’t like the rebranded look, but for me it’s very similar to Comcast’s US service Peacock. Which for me is far better as they already have profiles! And more importantly the NBC content to go with it, something and very annoyingly still missing from Sky/NOW. 

For PCs not to support boost for 1080p and 5.1 is a bit mental cause most people I know that use their laptop it’s always hooked up to the TV, so it’s not being used a “small screen” viewing. Although with the windows 11 launch soon, they are planning on using Amazon’s App Store, so that could fully open the door for PC users to use what could very well be the Amazon Fire build of NOW. Time will tell! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help