cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

REW & FFWD pretty useless using app on BT box. Any good elsewhere

REW and FFWD on BT box works quite well.

2 options

1. jump X seconds

2. view content as REW & FFWD progresses

on Now TV app only one way to REW or FFWD but very little control of where it goes. No ability to view content then release button. Any attempt to rewind 15 to 30 seconds useless.

Is this the same if I subscribe directly with NowTV and use my Smart TV or NowTV stick

why is this important?

NowTV and BT cannot get their act together on subtitles, so often I need to REW to hear something I missed.

I can get NowTV subtitles in recordings, but sometimes NowTV programs do not fully record and they never save the series and episode number. BT and NowTV cannot get their act together to save Series and Episode numbers.

BT have offered me the opportunity to cancel contract. I am seriously considering this and either just using free Youview channels on my old box or maybe Youview + NowTV via my smart TV if REW AND FFWD work correctly

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Stick and NOW Boxes are similar to the BT Youview Box when it comes to FF & RW where you only have the option to fast forward or rewind at intervals of 2secs, 6secs, 12 secs, 30 secs, 1 min or 2 min where there is no on screen video showing the progress of the video skips (just a time frame progress bar).

I find the BT Youview Box seems to much quicker at 2 min fast forward and rewind speed even though the NOW Stick & NOW Box has the same 2 min maximum fast forward and rewind speed.

I am not one hundred percent sure (because i haven't owned or used every NOW supported device) but i believe the fast forward and rewind is similar across all NOW device platforms.

For me i would rather see a faster than 2 min speed search and a video time elapse box similar to Netflix, Amazon Prime etc so you know the point of which to stop the fast forward or rewind when watching a movie or TV show.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention i can only compare the BT Youview box dedicated NOW App against my NOW Stick / NOW Box, because i am not a BT TV Customer and don't know if accessing the Live Main TV Guide or Live Recordings is different when it comes to using the FF & RW features.