Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Question regarding TV Guide/UI

Hello,

I have a Samsung smart TV.

I am shopping around for broadband/tv packages and have been trying to find out if the channels in the Now TV entertainment pass would be present on the same TV guide/UI as freeview channels.

So would I be skimming through one screens listings to select BBC, ITV along with Sky One, Gold etc. or will I need to hop home screens all the time to choose between free and paid for channels?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am sure Samsung Smart TV owners will correct me if i am wrong and there is a way possibly to combine the terrestrials Freeview channels and NowTV live channels.

The only way i can think of is using the older NowTV smart box (Freeview version) where on the TV guide section page, there was tabs to gain direct access to Free to Air, Entertainment, Cinema, Kids and Sports.

Though it's pointless getting one of these discontinued NowTV boxes, when you have a perfectly fine Samsung Smart TV that does the job (though annoyingly you need to toggle between the TV's main EPG and the NowTV App Smiley Sad).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Freeview TV channels such has BBC, ITV etc will be seperate from the NowTV live Entertainment channels where to access the NowTV channels you will have to open the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV.

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but i am not aware of a way to populate both the Freeview TV channels and NowTV live channels on the same screen page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Schnapps

That is a shame. I have the movie pass and have no concerns opening a different app to browse them, but having to switch apps when you just want to see whats on all the live tv channels seems a bit annoying.

I was planning on getting now broadband when I move and that seems to come with a free 6 month entertainment pass currently, that would be a good opportunity to see if I can live with it.

I will give it a whirl.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am sure Samsung Smart TV owners will correct me if i am wrong and there is a way possibly to combine the terrestrials Freeview channels and NowTV live channels.

The only way i can think of is using the older NowTV smart box (Freeview version) where on the TV guide section page, there was tabs to gain direct access to Free to Air, Entertainment, Cinema, Kids and Sports.

Though it's pointless getting one of these discontinued NowTV boxes, when you have a perfectly fine Samsung Smart TV that does the job (though annoyingly you need to toggle between the TV's main EPG and the NowTV App Smiley Sad).

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have four Samsung Smart TVs, and can confirm there is no way to do this on any of them.

The Samsung has no idea what might be going on in the NowTV app, just as the NowTV app has no idea about what channels the Samsung has tuned in.

Similar considerations apply even to the BBC iPlayer on these TVs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.