cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor quality picture using Now tv app on LG tv compared to Apple TV - why?

Bought sky sports week past to watch the Open Golf - have fibre broadband and new LG smart TV and although have upgraded the App - picture quality constantly fluctuates from good to poor (blurry and pixelated), the constant fluctuations makes it almost unwatchable..and yet in the other room on a much older Panasonic tv I’ve connected an Apple TV box and watching the golf through that now tv app and the picture quality is almost perfect and constantly...so it seems the LG Now TV app is the weak link - is the anything I’m doing wrong / can check / can adjust??

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Only started this week, it's unwatchable at times. Lg uf850v tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a sj810v in the bedroom and it works fine always hits max bit rate within a few seconds and stays there are you using WiFi or hard wired.  If WiFi then consider hard wire as LG TVs are a bit flaky with the WiFi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have been using the app since February with WiFi and it's only this week it's been playing up. Might have to reset tv and see if that works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have reset my tv and then updated now tv and stream has been perfect for last 15 minutes, by the way when it started going fuzzy it would do it straight away so it seems to have worked. Will let you know if it's still working tomorrow .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having reset tv last night have had the golf on for a few hours and the picture has been perfect with no loss of quality . Hopefully this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that - I’ll give it a go - does resetting the TV cause any other issues or is it like re-booting a PC? Wife’s now watching the Grand Prix in that room so gonna have to wait a few hours to try it!

many thanks for your input...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All settings for colour,sound, apps and such go back to default setting so you just have to update apps and set picture quality again. Hope it works for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

how do I update the Apps? I too am having problems with the Nowtv app on my LG tv ? 

Thanks

PeteD2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem so I reset my lg TV to factory settings and reinstalled apps works perfect mow