cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality

Hi,

This is a problem that I've been experiencing for the last 3 to 4 months both on the movies and entertainment channels.

I'm running now tv via the app on my iPhone and iPad and broadcasting it on my tv via a chromecast but every so often the picture quality becomes very poor / distorted and unwatchable.

I have no issues with Amazon firestick or Netflix only with this.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,

This is a problem that I've been experiencing for the last 3 to 4 months both on the movies and entertainment channels.

I'm running now tv via the app on my iPhone and iPad and broadcasting it on my tv via a chromecast but every so often the picture quality becomes very poor / distorted and unwatchable.

I have no issues with Amazon firestick or Netflix only with this.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

@Anonymous User

Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum

Does the picture quality become poor on the iPhone and iPads screens or just the screen it is being cast to?

Could you also ensure all the software is up to date and reboot the chromecast and your router

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

The picture problem is just on the chromecast. iPad and iPhone are fine.

All have the latest software and I rebooted the router last night and the problem still occurred.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi Aaron,

The picture problem is just on the chromecast. iPad and iPhone are fine.

All have the latest software and I rebooted the router last night and the problem still occurred.

@Anonymous User

Could you try the chromecast in another HDMI port and check is there any difference

Also ensure it is powered by a powersocket and not a USB port

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I had the same issues on sky sports 1 yesterday picture was changing in quality constantly and sound was way out of sync.

I was casting from the now app on a Samsung s7 to chrome cast to Samsung tv all with the latest software.

This has happened before and needs resolving is there a fix out for this or are the now team investigating. I would be very reluctant to use this service again unless there was a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a post to say I'm having the same issue - casting to Chromecast from the NowTV app results in very patchy quality, sometimes good, sometimes bad; as if constantly adjusting to high and low bandwidth. This doesn't happen with Netflix or Youtube, which rules out general problems with casting, the Chromecast or my broadband, so, based on the other posts above, this suggests it's a problem with the NowTV app or service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We have three separate chromecast on three different tvs throughout the house. Obviously they are using WiFi but they are the new chromecast so are on 5ghz. We have 120gb Internet and a router with QOS. We use mainly non live services and have little interest in football etc.
Despite this, even a single stream of nowTV fluctuates from clear to absolutely appalling. No other service does this. Netflix, bbc, channel 4, no one. Just nowTV.
I have to conclude the stream is not being sent, since the problem seems to be TV, router, Internet and even hardware agnostic

So, as has been said, when are you going to fix this? We are paying for it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using nowtv on my chromecast for almost a month but in the last week or so I have had some issues with picture and some buffering the buffering isn't so much of a problem as it doesn't happen often but the poor picture quality is really starting to annoy me I stream Netflix BBC I player and itv player all fine from my tablet to the chromecast but now tv has be unwatchable. I tried resetting the router my connection is definitely fast enough and I still have problems with it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as numerous other people. On the desktop player, NowTV is fine. On the tablet, NowTV is fine. On the Chromecast, BBC, ITV and everything else is fine. On Chromecast, NowTV is garbage. It starts out great for about five seconds and then defaults to the lowest stream quality, making it pointless.

Please fix this instead of telling people it is a problem with their connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't agree with you more. Originally, I thought it was my router's problem. After adjusting my router, the quality of the picture was still unwatchable most of the time(I only succeeded twice watching NowTV with good picture quality via chromecast) . And now I know that it wasn't my problem. I suggest that NowTV could take chromecast/google cast functions away to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.