cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality when watching sports programmes either via Nowbox or via app on Samsung 6400

I am still perplexed as to why when I watch live football on Now TV ( box or new app) I keep seeing ghost ball images when the ball is in the air and distance shots of players running down the pitch are very juddery. Close up pictures and slow motion  are excellent quality. I do not get any problems when watching live football on ITV or BBC via freeview.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So there is nothing I can do then?

Yes... Disable (switch off) your TV's post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

EDIT: What is the exact model number of your Samsung 'smart' TV?

Cheers

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you are viewing Sports content using the NOW TV app on your Samsung television, what bitrate are you obtaining? It should be displayed at the top right of you screen, when you select the 'OK/Select' button on the remote control.

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The bitrate is 4865 on Sky Sports 2 right now.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The bitrate is 4865 on Sky Sports 2 right now.

That's maximum quality @Anonymous User (720p HD)

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Assuming it's the standard black box that you have not the smart box. I can understand why the picture might seem a bit jerky/fuzzey as the standard black box outputs all content and 60 Hz. It basically converts the 50 Hz source material into 60 Hz, but your TV should be able to handle the content as is and outputted at 50 Hz. So if you're getting a bit rate of 4865 on the TV then you shouldn't be having any picture quality issues whatsoever the smart box just like the TV is capable of outputting content at 50 Hz.

You haven't got any motion processing options switched on on the TV. Have you? If you have switch these off EDIT: . Basically what @SeeMoreDigital has said below, only he's put it/explained it better than me

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes... Disable (switch off) your TV's post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

EDIT: What is the exact model number of your Samsung 'smart' TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Model is UKE496400.  I will switch off AUTO Motion Plus to see if that has an effect when I watch Brighton/Newcastle tonight and report back.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Model is UKE496400.

That model number makes no sense to me at all Smiley Surprised

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like you have a Samsung UE49KU6400U...