cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality watching sky sports on LG TV app

Paid for a day pass to watch Sky Sports 3 times now and the picture quality is awful, the main picture isn't too bad but when the ball is kicked there is a shadow so it looks like there are 3 balls being kicked, often it buffers so wont be purchasing any more unless this can be sorted.  Internet speed 20mb plus, hard wired via plug sockets or wireless doesn't make a difference. LG TV. All other apps work perfectly, Iplayer etc.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The best NowTV pumps out is 720p.  If you're used to HD / Ultra HD, you'll find the quality of sport channels on NowTV somewhat disappointing.   

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Both, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you have encountered with your Sports Pass on your LG TV. 

Can you please have a look at our Help article here that may provide you with a resolution to this issue.

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had a Sky Sports pass now for a month, and the picture quality through NOWTV is shocking. This is really disapointing as one of the main reasons I have paid for this is that I have a cricket mad son, who wants to watch England and the 20Twenty matches.

I don’t have an LG TV and every other service and Apps are fine, but Sky Sports. Come on NOW/Sky, you need to start taking this seriously as you’re contributing to discouraging future cricketers from forming role models and learning from them.

It seems that customers have been posting similar comments for a long time...which gives the impression that this is falling on deaf ears.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV is going full hd (1080p) later this year and hopefully with it will come 50fps which would greatly enhance sporting quality, especially on fast moving objects.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely if the quality is so bad the price should be lower? Its frustrating watching sport where the quality is so bad, it looks like football games recorded in the 60's. its a lot to pay for 24hours and getting a picture quality so poor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant see any improvement to be fair

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

cant see any improvement to be fair

No just bought mine for the cricket the picture is awful. Won't be renewing my pass good by now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fully understand the frustration, I’m also giving up hope of Sky/Now updating picture quality any time soon,  and just hoping in future sports bodies like FA, UEFA, ECB, ICC when sell the Internet streaming rights they set a clear requirement on broadcaster for picture quality to meet certain basic standards and in 2019 when the likes of Netflix and Prime are streaming in 4K at less than a third of the price of Now TV, just having a decent HD signal at a watchable refresh rate for live sports is not asking for that much.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

I’ve had a Sky Sports pass now for a month, and the picture quality through NOWTV is shocking. This is really disapointing as one of the main reasons I have paid for this is that I have a cricket mad son, who wants to watch England and the 20Twenty matches.

I don’t have an LG TV and every other service and Apps are fine, but Sky Sports. Come on NOW/Sky, you need to start taking this seriously as you’re contributing to discouraging future cricketers from forming role models and learning from them.

It seems that customers have been posting similar comments for a long time...which gives the impression that this is falling on deaf ears.

I have a Samsung TV app and that is pretty poor as well. And as you say other apps like Netflix, iPlayer and Amazon Prime all work perfectly but the Now TV app on smart TVs is sub-standard in comparison.  I find that either the Roku stick or the new black now Tv stick/box give a far better picture so I use them.