cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality watching sky sports on LG TV app

Paid for a day pass to watch Sky Sports 3 times now and the picture quality is awful, the main picture isn't too bad but when the ball is kicked there is a shadow so it looks like there are 3 balls being kicked, often it buffers so wont be purchasing any more unless this can be sorted.  Internet speed 20mb plus, hard wired via plug sockets or wireless doesn't make a difference. LG TV. All other apps work perfectly, Iplayer etc.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree 100% - I have a UHD Samsung & 68mbit internet with exactly the same issue with both golf and football sky sports channels - as soon as any ball is moving at speed the ghosting is atrocious. More likely a poor refresh rate as opposed to resolution as even though 720p this should be fine.

I have a trial which I won't be renewing as the quality is just too poor - 1080p won't necessarily make any difference unless they up the refresh... shame really.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wolvesmad33,

Its the LGs setting playing up.

If you want to see a solid white ball with no shadows,

Tun  ( Smooth Motion) to OFF.

Picture not a smooth but ball says solid.

Path is, Settings..All..Picture..smooth Motion is in there.

If you try User setting, in smooth motion and find

a setting that both has a stable ball, puls smooth mation

please post settings.

Thanks BF.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why would you destroy the rest of your picture with gimmickry just to get the ball right? Strange! Smiley Sad