cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality since October 2020

Have a black Now TV box. Have updated the router IPs and checked the wifi speed and these are all good. Have obviously tried rebooting everything too. I can watch everything clearly except Now TV

(e.g. BBC iPlayer and Netflix is fine etc). I pay for 3 passes with NowTV and cannot watch ANY channels. Is there anything else I can do before I cancel all these subscriptions?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As a suggestion, although might not truly work, you could set the box back to factory settings. This usually squashes bugs in the system.

Worst case you can either email Now TV staff 

3C732316-74BB-4AB7-A8F0-CFB935977152.jpeg

Or jump onto Live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint
Ensure you click “chat online” underneath ‘chat to an advisor’

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I have tried a factory reset and it didn't work. The fact that my other apps work fine on the box means its not my internet so am going to cancel subscriptions. Unfortunately (or conveniently) when I go to the page to do this it says the page is not available at this time. Has said that for 24 hours now..... payment is due on the 16th so I am hoping it works before then. Am hoping I can access live chat tomorrow.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In my previous post you’ll see in a jpeg that I posted the email address for customer services. 
As for Live chat, I understand that it is picky on the browser. So if you can try another it might work

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When you say ‘page’, where are you trying to go?

You can cancel your passes, individually, for yourself, under My Account/Manage Account/Passes & Vouchers.

If you were thinking of using Live Chat to get yourself forgotten, they will just connect you to the night clerk of the Hotel California 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the page where I go under my account to cancel my passes is conveniently not working so I cannot cancel them..... Looking forward the live chat experience. Sounds ominous

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I just tried on this iPad, and I get the page with my passes, and it lets me start the Cancel process at least (though I bailed out rather than lose my current special offer!)

So it’s not a widespread problem... Have you perhaps got another device you can try it on, as the one you are using seems to be a bit sick? I would suspect that you need to at least log out of the app and back in again; and if you can, even better, delete it and reinstall it.

Which might then solve the problem you are having to cancel for 😛

But there are a few reports on the Community of blotchy pictures; and I don’t recall the word ‘blotchy’ being much used in the past, so this sounds like a new problem affecting a range of users, albeit not everybody.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

@schnapps advice in this thread may be helpful:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Unable-to-cancel-passes/m-p/550134#M15267

He suggests to try a different browser from your usual one, which worked for the OP there.