cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please god nowtv I'm praying your holding back for the new Apple t

So.....new Apple TV out September hopefully with a new TVOS specific app!!???
14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

A third-party Apple approved company develope the NOW TV app for use on Apple approved products... So it's down to them and Apple...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That post is innacuray and unhelpful

A third party paid for and appointed by sky tv

Sky tv can and should develop their own TVOS app like the BBC have done and others very well (Eurosport)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What NOW TV can do and what Apple allow/want them to do are very different things...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So your saying that NOWtv want to change the app to a native TVOS app but apple wont let them

i note that the now tv app is still on the old Apple TV wrapper app solution.

why would apple allow Eurosport and the BBC to produce their own app but not Sky/now TV that simply cannot be true.

Amazon are developing and releasing an app for TVOS for September too

Boxnation even have their own APP as do Disney life

Im afraid the facts do not backup to your response

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV PLayer also have their own Native TV app as does channel 4 news

opnly sky owned apps have not updated (NOWTV and Sky News) funny that!?

shall I go on or is my point proved......

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

With regard to the NOW TV app on Apple TV devices, it is what it is @Anonymous User... Arguing about it changes nothing...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
And that's the response you should have given at the start it's not that they can't change the app as you tried to make out it's that they don't care or are bothered too ....sad times....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

With regard to the NOW TV app on Apple TV devices, it is what it is @Anonymous User... Arguing about it changes nothing...

Your posts are inaccurate and utterly useless. I don’t know why you continue to post this nonsense.

Everyone already knows that Apple TV 2/3 apps were very limited and the owners had little control over the look and functionality. This is not the case with Apple TV 4 apps. If Sky wanted to, they could create a Now TV app as rich and functional as they have for iOS. But they’d rather push their own crappy Roku/Now TV boxes rather than develop a useable app for Apple TV 4.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

[quote]What NOW TV can do and what Apple allow/want them to do are very different things...[/quote]

Why do you keep saying things like this? Netflix has a native app. BBC iPlayer is a native app. In the USA, there are a slew of native apps. That NOW TV has _chosen_ to retain an increasingly broken pre-tvOS wrapper app isn’t down to Apple. It’s a business decision.

Sky/NOW TV has a decent iOS app it could port with relatively little fuss. It has chosen not to. Presumably, the aim is to ‘encourage’ tvOS users to buy/use a NOW box instead of Apple TV, for whatever reason. And yet even _Amazon_ is coming to its senses on this, and is about to release a native tvOS app. (And prior to that – unlike NOW TV – AirPlay from iOS was fully supported anyway.)

NOW TV remains disingenuous regarding its plans for the platform. Either be honest and admit it’s abandonware, or update the app. Although I think everyone knows which of those is accurate by now.