cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated blurry and buffering with Roku Streaming Stick

I just started out with a NowTV Cinema pass and it is unwatchable.

The setup is via a Roku HDMI Streaming Stick (NOT a Roku box) into a Samsung 32D6530 TV via HDMI.

Router is TP-Link VR900 which sits underneath the TV. Internet service is BT Infinity Fibre with a steady d/l speed of around 24mbps.

Normally no other wireless devices in use but  there are 2 NAS units connected to the router via RJ45 (both up-to date, so no heavy synching going on)

I have tried 2 movies so far and have been unable to watch either. I get buffering/stopping and very poor pixellated pictures.

I see various articles about resetting NowTV boxes and/or Roku boxes but nothing on the streaming stick.

Do I take it that they are not compatible?

I realise the TV is an older Smart TV now but the Roku streaming stick gives great results on other streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix

I'm currently on a free trial but I really want this to work, so has anybody got any ideas please?

1 REPLY 1
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just started out with a NowTV Cinema pass and it is unwatchable.

The setup is via a Roku HDMI Streaming Stick (NOT a Roku box) into a Samsung 32D6530 TV via HDMI.

Router is TP-Link VR900 which sits underneath the TV. Internet service is BT Infinity Fibre with a steady d/l speed of around 24mbps.

Normally no other wireless devices in use but  there are 2 NAS units connected to the router via RJ45 (both up-to date, so no heavy synching going on)

I have tried 2 movies so far and have been unable to watch either. I get buffering/stopping and very poor pixellated pictures.

I see various articles about resetting NowTV boxes and/or Roku boxes but nothing on the streaming stick.

Do I take it that they are not compatible?

I realise the TV is an older Smart TV now but the Roku streaming stick gives great results on other streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix

I'm currently on a free trial but I really want this to work, so has anybody got any ideas please?

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=98880

@Anonymous User Can you try this out for me, even thought it's probably redundant at this point as other services are working. Thanks 🙂