cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pink & Black Screen

LG Smart Tv Now Tv App has gone pink & black screen can't hear the programs playing in back ground but can see a picture happened earlier when I tried playing a program on Kids section for my son now doing it on movies entertainment & also You Tube App.
10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I'd be surprised if that's happening with an app built into your TV, but if you mean it's happening on apps that are on a device connected to your TV eg NOW TV box, games console then it sounds like a HDMI negotiation issue that most people encounter once in a while.

Try turning both TV and device off at the mains, unplug the HDMI cable at both ends and reconnect, wait a minute and then power TV and device back up again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using an LG Smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App on your TV smart platform or are you watching from a NowTV box or other external device ?

The reason i ask you mention the problem is also happening to the YouTube App which on any Smart TV are separate from the NowTV App which would suggest to me that you either have an external device connect by an HDMI cable to your TV or if the NowTV and YouTube  Apps are on your LG smart TV platform then you have some issue with your TV rather than the NowTV App..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the Apps built into the LG Smart Tv not a box or games console.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User First time I've heard of that, have you tried powering down the TV for a minute. If that doesn't work I'll leave you in the capable hands of the LG TV owners on the forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah tried that Andy also tried deleting the app and reinstalling it still doing it. Cheers for trying to help though 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you checked on your TV for any firmware updates ?

Also check the LG UK website with your TV model if there is any reported issues known or firmware updates available.

Maybe also contact LG UK support for assistance.

Last resort you could try a factory reset on your TV, where you would have to re enter all your details and settings once again from scratch.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If it's only the NowTV and YouTube Apps effected, where all other Apps are working perfectly fine, then perhaps try deleting the Apps and reinstalling them again.

I would start and try the YouTube App first before you look at the NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No updates Schnapps. LG are closed so emailed them just tried BBC iplayer app as well that's the same so it's something with all the apps on the tv all have sound but no picture just black, pink & now green screen. Just going to have to wait see what LG say typical when it's only a week out of 1 year warranty 😡 Thanks for your help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps other LG owners on here may offer you some further assistance, though to me it's sounds like you will need LG technical support with the problems with your TV inbuilt Apps (fingers crossed LG Technical Support Team will get you sorted).