cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pause Live TV on Apple TV 4K

Sorry this is a double post (I put it in the Update Apple TV App thread originally)

Is anyone able to pause live TV on Apple TV?

The device is listed as one able to pause live TV but the UI on live streams just shows now and next rather than the transport controls you get on boxsets and other non-live content?

sTeVE

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone - moderators even?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately i don't have an Apple TV box to test this function out.

Though like you said it's mentioned under the NOW Help Article that owners of an ATV generation 4 and above box can pause NOW live TV up to 30 minutes.

When using either my NOW branded devices or Roku players when you have a live NOW stream on the screen, hit the pause button on the remote and the picture will freeze with a pause icon and buffer timer showing on the television screen that you have paused live TV.

Hopefully an Apple TV box owner who regularly uses the forum will come to your rescue how it's done.

@Anonymous User @schnapps @gavs82008 

I know that Pause Live TV doesn’t work for Sports channels on tv 4K (don’t think it works for Sports on any other devices either, but prepared to be wrong about that!)

Don’t know about for Entertainment channels (never watch it live) nor for Cinema (no pass). Have a sneaky feeling that it’s a no across all devices, but again prepared to be wrong about that too.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dr_necessitor 

Live TV Pause on the live NOW Sports channels definitely works for me (plus live NOW Cinema & Entertainment) on my NOW Smart Box and Roku Players 😀.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies!

I can pause the F1 sports channel on a NowTV stick for 30 minutes just fine, so assumed it would also work on ATV as the FAQ says - but no live TV seems to be pause-able despite what the FAQ says 😞

sTeVE

@schnapps Interesting. I’ve also got a Roku Streaming Stick+ (which I haven’t used for ages) so I’ll remember that. Trying to use Apple tv 4K for everything these days. “One box to stream them all”…

@Anonymous User 

It’s worth keeping in mind that the (newish) app for Apple tv has had a prolonged & painful birth and it’s still got odd things that behave differently from its siblings on other platforms…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So quick update on this for anyone using Apple TV.

Pause live TV does NOT work, I have been communicating with NOW sharing system details, answering many questions and videos of the system(s) in use to demonstrate the problem and to be honest the Now Team have been really communicative, but alas Pause is not yet working on Live TV.

I will update this thread when I get an update...

sTeVE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Yeah I have noticed that Pause Live TV doesn't work on the Apple TV 4k but I had half wondered if it was because i was using the 2021 model.