cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Overcharged through Apple TV

I purchased a Sky Sports Day pass last Friday on my Apple TV. The splash screen said it would cost £6.99, the subsequent email from Now TV and your website says it costs £6.99, yet I've been charged £8.99. I contacted Apple but I was told it was nothing to do with them and directed my to Now TV. Can you please make sure I'm charged the correct amount? Too late for me to cancel the purchase, since the nature of it (to watch a football game immediately) meant it was used at the time.

Thanks joe

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven't received any funds back - and when I've contacted Apple they've said take it up with Now TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried to contact Apple - told me it was Now TV's problem
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Who's name is on the credit/debit charge?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Tried to contact Apple - told me it was Now TV's problem

Hi @Anonymous User

who you go to depends very much on how you signed up for NowTV.

If you signed up through Apple TV using Apple/iTunes, then you need to go to Apple because it is Apple that handle payments in this case.

However, if you signed up for NowTV through a standard NowTV account which you created on NowTV.com and then signed into that account on Apple TV, then it's now TV you need to talk to. 

If it's the latter, then you can speak to live chat about the issue. By following the link below

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Purchase-history

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It comes out of my iTunes account
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Then it's their issue to sort out, not NOW TV's...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Then it's their issue to sort out, not NOW TV's...

@SeeMoreDigital you beat me to it Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went straight to iTunes via their link on my email invoice this morning. They auto responded that they would get back to me within 48 hours. Will let you know what happens
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I know that. I'm not so worried about previous refunds, I want the issue sorted for future purchases. For that, Apple said it's Now TV who sets the pricing on their app. Now TV said it Apple. It's ridiculous no one know a straight answer to the pricing!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes I know that. I'm not so worried about previous refunds, I want the issue sorted for future purchases. For that, Apple said it's Now TV who sets the pricing on their app. Now TV said it Apple. It's ridiculous no one know a straight answer to the pricing!

In this instance Apple have sold you the product (ie: the Sports pass). It's very clear on NOW TV's web site how much their services are supposed to cost, so it's Apples responsibility to sort the issue out. And don't let them (Apple) fob you off!