cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Overcharged through Apple TV

I purchased a Sky Sports Day pass last Friday on my Apple TV. The splash screen said it would cost £6.99, the subsequent email from Now TV and your website says it costs £6.99, yet I've been charged £8.99. I contacted Apple but I was told it was nothing to do with them and directed my to Now TV. Can you please make sure I'm charged the correct amount? Too late for me to cancel the purchase, since the nature of it (to watch a football game immediately) meant it was used at the time.

Thanks joe

23 REPLIES 23
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User if you pop onto chat they can look into what has happened. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chat didn't work, not only did it reset twice, but the issue remains unexplained/unresolved. Was asked to email details but I've heard nothing in reply. This is not a good experience, feel ripped off.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can we ask you made the purchase directly through your Apple Tv and itunes? If so you would need to contact apple to get a partial refund for the difference in price as they are the ones who have charged it. We are looking into the reason to why the difference is there and hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Was this problem resovled? I had the same issue - being charged £8.99 instead of £6.99 for the Sports day pass to watch the football. I contacted Apple, and they said it was Now TV's problem. I then contacted Now TV, and they said it was Apple's issue. How do I stop this from happeneing?? 

Thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening with me also. Same issue and same responses from Sky and Apple.....pointing the finger at each other. I don't think they realise there is a problem here.....but there is.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User.

First things first... Did you order your 'Sports' pass through your iTunes account or did you order it from NOW TV direct?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi - I ordered directly through the AppleTV NOWTV app....never had these problems until a few weeks ago.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And another one - splash screen said £6.99 and iTunes mugged me for another £2 and charged me £8.99.

Hopefully start to see some happy endings and not the frankly dismal customer service above.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of interest, who do you guys contact over at Apple/iTunes to obtain your refunds?