cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Opinion

Well It's a shame that I had to choose a 'Location' as this is general feedback I would have liked to have submitted.

Considering how pioneering NOW TV was in the world of streaming, it is disappointing that it doesn't seem to have evolved with the times.  It certainly does not encourage me to continue my subscription when I have to sign in to my account every single time I want to watch, the fact you have to wait for a separate player window to open is frustrating but not as much as the need to press 'Keep Watching' for the net episode. 

I get that you want to promote other programmes but it is simply infuriating with a baby trying to run to the remote or keyboard before the time runs out and then I have to start from the pre player when I inevitably haven't made it.

To put it simply Netflix and Amazon Prime are more user friendly despite being the runners up.

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

You shouldn't have to sign in every time, which device/s are you using? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Sounds like the NOW player on a windows computer. Based on what I have read from @Anonymous User 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 @redchiz1 

The YouView tag is entirely inappropriate then, this should have been under Mac and PCs.

And it’s certainly not general feedback, as the logging on issue does not occur on TVs or Sticks and Boxes.

I don’t like services that play the next episode by default; I prefer it to be manual, as it is with Now. But Now could give us the best of both worlds by giving us a configuration option so we could each choose the behaviour we prefer.

Now on PCs and Macs is the red-headed stepchild of Now players, sadly deficient compared with Now on any other platform; there used to be a decent Now player in the Microsoft App Store, but it was sadly axed in favour of the clunky option we have now.

Use only if you have no other choice; sticks in the £20-£50 range will allow Now to be used on any TV with an HDMI input, even a non-Smart TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.