cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MockingJay
Mentor

Nvidia Shield App up and running .....NOW!

All Good

At last.

8 REPLIES 8
Lyceum
Mentor

Can I ask how? I have two nvidia shield

pros and neither have the Now app in the play store. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lyceum 

Have a nosy at this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/android-tv

This might be because the Google Play Store needs to be updated. To make sure you have the latest version:

1. Open the Settings screen.
  2. Select Apps and then See all apps, (Android OS 9 or later) or just select Apps (Android OS 8.0 or earlier).
  3. Select the 'Google Play Store' app.
  4. Select Clear cache, then OK.

Still can't see the NOW app? Try the following steps:

1. Select Clear data, then OK.
  2. If the option is displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA and then OK.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lyceum
Mentor

Thanks for the reply. Have followed those instructions and it’s still not there. 

Have checked I’m running the latest updates etc, and also rebooted etc. 

RoyB
Legend

@Lyceum 

What version of the Android OS are they on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lyceum
Mentor

Android 11

RoyB
Legend

@Lyceum 

Should be good then.

However, there have been two models of the Shield Pros, and I wonder if this might underlie the difference?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lyceum
Mentor

It’s the 2019 shield pro. 

MockingJay
Mentor

Try going to Google Play Store on your phone and seeing which of your devices NOW TV will install to. You can install it remotely on any suitable device.