cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv boxes

Hi folks. I have been a nowtv customer for years.i don't actually own a now TV box I bought chrome cast when they first arrived in the UK and downloaded nowtv app to my tablet and phone.
Now I invested in a new TV for bedroom never had a TV in my room before so I want to be able to use nowtv on this TV. It's not a smart TV and don't think it has nowtv on it.
So my question is can I just unplug the Chromecast dongle from my main TV and plug it in bedroom TV and watch nowtv /YouTube/Netflix from my tablets apps. Also the chrome cast dongle I have is the one with the main lead that plugs into the main.i have since heard you can get a lead that powers from TV.
Might be an easier option if in moving the dongle from time to time.

Now let's get on to the actual nowtv boxes. Are they wireless? Can I watch you tube vids. Can I sign into it with my nowtv account and with my Netflix account.
Do they need an Ariel do they have free view although I think the TV has built in free view. I buying it from my sister and don't actually have it yet until she gets her new one.

Someone said something about a dongle that's cheaper than Chromecast that does the same job but instead technical moron so in not into buying anything I know nothing about or easy to set up. Any help be greatfully appreciated. How much is the cheapest nowtv box does nowtv sell them?
7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the Chromecast dongle, if you wish you can move it from TV to TV and if your TV has a USB port with sufficient power you don't need to use the power adapter that comes with the Chromecast.

All the nowtv devices i.e the smart stick or boxes work over WiFI.

At the moment there is no Netflx App on the nowtv boxes or stick (which is coming sometime this year).

YouTube App is available on both nowtv boxes or nowtv stick.

The only nowtv box that has the inbuilt Freeview tuner for the over the air TV channels is the nowtv smart box  where you need a TV aerial connected to it (would  assume your TV would already have an in built Freeview tuner so the smart box might not be necessary).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

More info here about the nowtv smart stick which you can buy from the nowtv website shop from £15.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate appreciated think I might go with the stick then. Will Netflix update itself when it comes available.
Shame they don't do a few months free movie pass with stick but for 15quid it's pretty cheap thanks for help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apart from the offiical press release saying Netflix is coming to NowTV devices, the only thing that i could find about Netflix is this.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

You could buy the smart stick with the one month bundled cinema pass which is £20 or look at the smart stick on it's own for £15 and look at cinema pass vouchers from places like Currys, Argos etc which start at 2 months for £15.

I personally would go for the £20 smart stick with the one month bundled cinema pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers mate will go with the stick I have standing order for entertainment pass anyway comes off every month from my bank so it's no good to me. I occasionally get the movie pass but only if it's a promotional offer. Not had one for a while though. Innfact i complained other day as my friend got movies for 99p for the month.but dunno about anyone else but nowtv chat /helpline has to be the worst I have ever had the misfortune to deal with lol
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can still use the vouchers (even if you are paying a monthly sub) where the voucher duration is added to your account.

Cinema pass monthly sub is £9.99 where a two month cinema gift card voucher is £15 thus saving you £2.50 a month against the normal cinema sub.

If you don't mind committing to nowtv cinema at two months at a time, then vouchers are the way to go to save money (unless nowtv offer any special cinema offer deals on their website for existing customers).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again going to take the pluge and buy the nowtv stick I see a deal on here £19.99 delivery included with 2months free entertainment pass. Going to order it tomorrow as long as it's WiFi and I can put my Chromecast dongje upstairs in bedroom TV. 

My entertainment pass is always due on the 2nd of every month it conrs direxdir from my bank. Si if I buy stick and redeem the 2, month pass it comes with in the 1st of the month I will definitely not be charged twice. I hope anyway.