cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv app on cello smart tv

I have Nowtv app on my smart tv, and also have account for a longtime now.  2 days ago it came up with the message ' nowtv is not supported on this device, contact nowtv for supported devices ' i have uninstalled the app and installed it again, and its still not working.  Anyone know why this has happened or what i can do to get it fixed ?? Tia x

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have never officially supported the NowTV App on Cello Smart TV's, where the only Smart TV's they have supported with the inbuilt NowTV App is LG, Samsung and Hisense with the Roku Operating System.

I am guessing your Cello TV is running the Android TV or Android Mobile Smart Platform and the latest NowTV App software update has stopped the TV from running the App.

The same has happened to Chromebook users where the nowTV App was never supported for Chromebook from the Google Play App Store, where the App was only designed for Android Mobile Tablets and Smartphones.

Don't know if the new NowTV software update was to clampdown on this or not.

There is nothing much you can do about it, where if you contacted NowTV support, they will just say your Smart TV wasn't ever supported (even if you managed to use the NowTV App in the past).

Here's a list of supported Hardware devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Sorry i can't help, where i am just highlighting what devices are officially supported and what devices are not.

Maybe somebody knows of a work around (without buying a supported device to plug into your Cello Smart TV).