cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv on Hisense - can’t login

I am able to login to my NowTV account on the web, but I cannot login on my TV. It keeps saying it doesn’t recognise the user or password - I am using the same details on the web with no problems.

27 REPLIES 27
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know over on HotUKDeals website the Hisense Roku Smart TV's have been well received for the money, where loads of customers have been happy with them.

I haven't seen many reports over on the HotUKDeals website about customers not being able to login to their NowTV App.

Maybe it's an issue with your particular television or is somehow account related.

Sorry Don't know the answer, maybe one last thing to try is to factory reset your Router back to default (even though the other Apps on the television seem to be working for you).

Otherwise if no luck and nobody else can help, return the TV and buy a Samsung.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

looks like I have to return the tv and cancel my now tv. Neither of the two can advise anything else to do.  Very  strange. Only thing I haven’t tried is connecting via WiFi. As I’m connected through a TP link Ethernet extender. Def shouldn’t be the issue as all other apps are perfect 

or

maybe there is a fault with the remote when entering the password eg sticking button or wrong digits been pressed with faulty buttons. Don’t know just a thought 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am sure i read somewhere that somebody was having a problem with their Roku account when attempting to access the NowTV App on their Roku streaming box (not Hisense Roku TV).

Can't remember the solution, where they either factory reset the box and using Chrome internet browser setup a new Roku account or created a new Roku account after factory resetting their Roku box because it was directing them to the Roku USA website and not the UK.

When creating a Roku account avoid special characters and stick with letters & number combinations.

Maybe create a new Roku account or change your Roku details currently on the Roku data base once you have factory reset the Hisense television again.

https://my.roku.com/signin 

Sorry i am out of ideas.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you could possibly check is that your IP address is pointing to the UK by using this website tool checker.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi again Adig

I feel, without explicitly knowing, that the fault you are experiencing is between the Hisense TV O/S and Now TV app, and in their rush to get the TV to market they've failed to iron out all the bugs.  

After all, we've all seen this strategy played out before in the tech market, put something out before it's fully ready then later on roll-out updates to fix the outstanding problems, that's what I believe is happening here.

Still, sending the TV back, I think, is overkill because everything else works and there is a simple workaround that will get you Now TV services.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I understand that but the tv was specifically bought so that I could run now tv with an Ethernet cable. Bad experience with WiFi interference etc and find a better connection with the Ethernet.

The reason I got this tv was for the now tv app. Typical that everything else seems to work 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry Adig

That's some messed up bad luck, and especially as more and more Internet streaming kit are moving towards wireless/wi-fi connectivity, so a back-up purchase is a no-go.

I guess you'll have to send your TV back, you've got little to no choice.

Anyway, good luck with your future endeavour.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also recently bought a new 50" hisense roku smart tv. the box and description advertised now tv as an app built in. we have recently moved house had had to wait 2 months to have internet installed which is when we bought the new tv with all apparent apps installed for convenience. upon setup we realised there was no NOW tv app but it had all the others apps like disney+ and Netflix . I have tried to add it as a channel and search but nothing is coming up . I have tried to get in contact with now but the lines charge £6 which my phone blocks. the live chat doesn't work and i cant add a post to the community other then to reply. I'm so frustrated as I'm wasting my money as i just want to use the service. I don't understand as to why my tv isn't supporting this app when it states it does. any advice welcome please. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you are based in the UK and when you setup the Hisense Roku TV it defaulted to the UK region ?

Also you are not using a VPN and your Router IP points towards the UK (use What is My IP website tool) in my previously posted link.

I am guessing Factory resetting the Hisense Roku TV didn't make a difference ?

NOW don't have a telephone helpline for NOW TV membership customers (only Broadband customers) and the £6 charge is not a NOW direct telephone number and is a company not associated with NOW attempting to fleece people of money by deception.

NOW TV customers can reach NOW by using one of these communication methods in the link page below (should live chat not open using a different internet browser or another internet browser device, then send them a message using the web form).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I had the same issue with mine.

turns out it was special characters in my password. As soon as I changed it to letters and numbers only I was able to sign in.