cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv on Hisense - can’t login

I am able to login to my NowTV account on the web, but I cannot login on my TV. It keeps saying it doesn’t recognise the user or password - I am using the same details on the web with no problems.

27 REPLIES 27
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  w/ @Anonymous User  & @Anonymous User for Info

Hey Schnapps

Just a thought, but has Now TV confirmed their app will run on a Hisense TV?  In other words, just because Now TV's app runs on Roku that, in itself, is no guarantee the app will run on a Hisense Smart TV.

Unfortunately. at this moment, I can't get into Now TV's Help Centre to check this out for myself.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

yeah they confirmed it should work. The app was a standard app loaded to the hisense tv. 

An absolute nightmare. 2 days trying to solve the issue. Now tv have just emailed back to say they can’t recommend anything else to do only ask my broadband to reset the location to the uk again. Not sure that will work as every other app on the tv is working and BT don’t have a a customer service. It’s all automated 

Looks like I have to give now tv the boot and send the tv back to Argos. Don’t know how they get away with offering services that don’t work 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry Adig

It's obvious that Now TV and Roku has not sorted this problem out before they put the Hisense branded TV's into the market.

However, rather than send the TV back you could buy yourself either a Now TV, Roku or Amazon Fire stick, at least you know one of these will work.  Plus, Now TV might let you have their stick at a discounted price.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

All Hisense Smart TV's running Roku OS not the Hisense Vidda OS.

See screen shot below.

youdoodle-2021-01-24T17-33-26Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

what does this mean? Does this mean now tv is not compatible even though the app is there?

it actually shows everything in the app like the TV guide etc but as soon as I go to log in to activate my pass “log in details incorrect or not recognised” 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Many thanks for your help. I’m not too sure on VPN or how to change that.

However I do have an Ethernet router extender plugged into the tv connected with excellent connection. Maybe that’s the problem. As the tv is in the shed, but all other apps are logging in. Only thing I could do here is bring the tv into the house and try logging in from the WiFi. I doubt it’s that though. 

I might google this VPN thing to see if I can do something there as I’m not that tech savvy. Lol. 

can’t see any forums for hisense with this discussion

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i doubt the Ethernet or WiFi connection has any bearing on the matter, but you can try it if you wish.

if you are not familiar with a VPN, then you can remove this from the equation.

Maybe also get in touch with Roku customer support (either by live chat or email, don't use the phone option because i believe it's a USA helpline number and will cost a fortune) and also post your problem on the Roku Community Forum (when posting make sure you identify that you are based in the UK and using a Hisense Roku TV model number --------------.

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also maybe try typing in the Community search box something like "Unable to sign into NowTV App Roku" or something along that line.

Where maybe somebody who has a Roku streaming device had the same exact problem when attempting to login with their NowTV account details of the NowTV App on a full blown Roku Player.

Sorry i couldn't help any further, hope you get it sorted somehow or somebody else on the forum has further suggestions to try.