cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTv on Hisense - can’t login

I am able to login to my NowTV account on the web, but I cannot login on my TV. It keeps saying it doesn’t recognise the user or password - I am using the same details on the web with no problems.

27 REPLIES 27
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

These suggestions below are long shots but worth a try.

If you have a username (not forum name) try your username instead of your email address.

Also somebody mentioned in the past that they used capital letters instead of lower case when entering their login details (can't remember what playback device they was using or if the capital letter was only the first letter or all of them).

When using your email address try dropping the @?????? on the end of the email address (mentioned in this linked article below, where i know it's relating to Youview Boxes, but might be worth having a go on the NowTV App on your Hisense Roku TV).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-messages-youview 

if you have an option to delete the NowTV App and reinstall it maybe try that as well.

Should your login password uses special characters for example £,&,% etc maybe change your password.

Apart from that see if live chat can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate. I actually can’t enter my email address on the login screen - always used userid. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, tried upper case, and all sorts of other stuff 😕

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say you can't enter your details, is that because no on screen qwerty keyboard pops up on the television screen ?

i believe the Youview box NowTV App is something similar and from memory you need to click on the OK or enter button on the remote to bring up the on screen qwerty keyboard.

If the NowTV App doesn't accept your username or email address, then see if live chat can assist you further (unless somebody who owns a Hisense Roku TV on the forum knows what's going wrong).

Here's a link below to find the green live chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Has anyone ever solved this issue? I still can’t log in on my hisense smart tv with now tv app. Error message “log in details not recognised” I have been in touch with now tv who couldn’t resolve the issue. They have still to get back to me. Have tried everything from

- factory resetting the tv

- logging in on another device to now tv (worked fine)

- changing payment details 

- removing other stored devices 

- Resetting password 

- Tried dropping the end of my email address from @***** onwards 

very frustrating. Don’t know who’s at fault but I generally think now tv shouldn’t be using hisense TVs for their apps if they are having this “apparent” common problem from what I am gathering. 

thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try deleting the NowTV App (if possible) then download a fresh version from the Hisense Roku App Store, then unplug the power to the television for 2 minutes, then power back up and see if you can login to the App.

Are you running a VPN, if so try setting it to the UK or disable it.

If you are running any third party software on your Router, such has adblockers, try temporary disabling it.

Never used a Hisense TV, but see if in the TV menu settings if there is a regional setting needs changing.

Can't really help, because i don't own a Hisense TV sorry.

Maybe type Hisense in the Community Search engine to see if there are any hit results with a solution.

Hopefully a Hisense owner will come to your rescue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have setup a Roku account to use the Roku OS service and Apps on the Hisense Roku TV (where i am assuming Hisense Roku works similar to the Roku players ?).

Maybe get in touch with Hisense UK support ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it’s via Roku and have the account set up. Customer service with them seems awful. One of them ones where it’s all automated answers and doesn’t solve my problem but I will try get in touch somehow with Roku and via hisense forums 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

One last thing, i am assuming you are trying to login into the NowTV App with your NowTV account details rather than the details you used to setup a Roku account ?

I don't know if you have a NowTV username which was an option in the past instead of using your email address when logging into the NowTV App, if so try your NowTV username instead of your email address (please note the NowTV username is not your NowTV forum name).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  Yeah using my now tv log in. Also tried the username. Absolute disaster. Just off the live chat with Roku which was a waste of 30 mins. They say the issue lyes with now tv and now tv are saying the issue is with Roku. Be just as handy to send the bloody tv back and pay the extra £100 for a Samsung as that’s what I run my now tv on in another room and it’s perfect. You pay for what you get as a man would say. 2 days i have spent trying everything and now tv technical team have yet to get back to again which is very poor service as I’m paying for the full sky sports and can’t watch it. They will soon get in touch when I raise a chargeback with my bank. At the end of the day I’m paying for something that isn’t working