cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV just buffering on my Samsung UE43KS7500U

Hi

For the past 3 days whenever I try and watch something via the NowTV app on my Samsung TV Model: UE43KS7500U NowTV loads all the programme lists etc but simply gets stuck with the little buffering icon when I try to play something.

I thought this might be issues with my account but all seems ok and I have played back successfully using my laptop so not sure what the issue is. It had been working fine for months. The only thing to have changed is an upgrade to my Virgin TV box and hub but it NowTV had been working fine on these until recently.

- I just installed the app on my PC and have tested through exactly the same router / network and it worked fine so it would appear to be an issue with NowTV and the TV...

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you tried disconnecting the TV from the internet and reconnecting?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just unplugged the lan cable and turned off for 30 seconds - no change. Netflix and Amazon prime both work through their apps still if that has any relevance....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't normally recommend using internet connected devices over wifi where Ethernet is usually the more stable option, but if your Samsung Smart TV offers a wifi option, does the nowtv app still loads with the spinning coloured circles ?

Obviously the above is not a long term solution, where I was just wondering if the WiFi alternative was working over your Virgin Hub router.

This might not be relevant in your case where you are using the nowtv app on your Samsung smart TV, where a few nowtv smart box owners have reported loading issues on the nowtv App when using Ethernet connected to their Virgin Hub Routers.

Also, out of curisoity if you go into the nowtv app under My Account what software version does it show ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

It shows 2.20.2

Unfortunatley the TV does not do WIFI.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The only other things that i could suggest is the basic stuff people try when encountering issues with the nowtv app, which are things like rebooting your router and power off your TV, possibly checking if the nowtv app is up to date, removing the App and re installing the nowtv again from your TV App store.

Hopefully, other helpful members on here or members who are more familiar with the Samsung Smart NowTV App and Virgin Hub Routers can offer you more assistance. 

Geluk
Expert 2

Are you certain?
Check Network Settings.

Should offer you choice of a wired or wifi connection; turning

off wired will allow you to select wifi.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User can you try a different ethernet cable or port from the router?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the App press and hold the back button on the Samsung remote to return to home screen
Open the App again and try and watch
Worked for me