cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app on Samsung Q70 smart TV

The Now Tv app works fine on my Samsung Q70  TV apart from when I watch an episode of something (say season 1, Epsiode 1), and select "maybe later" it will randomly leave the programme that I've just watched in the same place in my continue watching list, and it will still be Season 1 Epsiode 1 that is displayed in the window, and that is the episode that will play if I select it. Normally the programme would move to the top and move on an episode. It seeems totally random as to whether it will work properly or not. I've tried signing out of the app and back in again, reinstalling the app, deleting the app altogether then installing again, but all to no avail. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. It's only an issue on my Samsung TV. The app on all my other devices - iphone, ipad, android phone, roku express always work fine in this respect, so it's not a NowTV account issue.

Not earth shattering obviously, but frustrating and niggling.

Hoping that someone has seen this before, and has an idea how to resolve it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Continue Watching feature has always been a little flakey and hit & miss across most platforms from my own experience.

You could try just running the episode until the end credits has totally finished (which is a pain) or maybe try adding the TV show to My TV Watchlist and see if picking up the TV show under your Watchlist section is more accurate from the point you finished watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try them.

It is ony the Samsung app that has a problem for me, hence my post,  so maybe from what you say I'm lucky that all the others work fine, rather than unlucky that this one doesn't all the time 🙂

Thanks again - appreciated

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but i have encountered the same problem you have reported across other NowTV platforms over the five or six years i have been using NowTV.

Sometimes when a new TV show is aired weekly i doesn't even pick it up under My Continue Watching section and i have to manually go searching for the episode in question on the NowTV server.

I also seen first hand My Continue Watching list completely disappear for a few days before it is reinstated.