cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app ok Samsung Smart Tv stops mid stream

The app on my Samsung Smart TV just stops mid stream and returns to the show's menu. It's not an issue with my broadband, the app has only started doing this the last few days. Any ideas on how to fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It seems to be sporadic, i was able to use the app at the weekend with no issue. If it kicks in again though i'll try a re-install. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

2017 model Samsung set? There are known issues at the moment.

I use Sticks on both my Samsung TVs, even though they aren’t 2017 models (1 2015, 1 2018) and they are much faster than the apps on the TVs.

And Sticks are cheap enough, even after the recent hike back to £19.99, when you consider the bundled Passes you can get with them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is a 2017 model. Thanks for the info!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be worth trying deleting the NowTV App then re installing the NowTV App as a fresh install on your Samsung Smart TV.

If that doesn't work and you own a Samsung 2017 smart TV then it might be worth speaking to Samsung UK support where NowTV & Samsung UK have identified an issue with certain 2017 Samsung TV model numbers.

More information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-loading-on-samsung-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It seems to be sporadic, i was able to use the app at the weekend with no issue. If it kicks in again though i'll try a re-install. Thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issues.  I've tried re-installing the app but it still cuts out mid show, sometimes several times in quick succession. 

This isn't an issue with my broadband as other streaming apps on the TV work fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The stop/start issue seems to have stopped of it's own accord now but there
are still a few glitches on the app. Like trying to resume playing after
fast fowarding or rewinding, the play/pause button doesn't work, the slider
just keeps going until it reaches either end of the bar 😕