cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qwerty1234
Advocate

NowTV app not working on FireTV Stick

Hi guys! First post here. 

Seems like NowTV app has stopped working on FireTV Stick fairly recently (within the last couple months) 

Takes me to cookie consent page, where I can accept all, reject non-essential or view more cookie options. Doesn't let me click on accept all or reject non essential. Can view more cookie options. When I get to the view mor cookie options, I can 'save and accept' or 'save and exit'.

Neither of those 2 buttons work, and I can't go back from that page; it freezes. I have to switch the FireTV stick off and back on (luckily with the remote, not having to unplug from the USB/HDMI ports and plug it back in) to get me back to the FireTV home page. Tried restarting my FireTV stick, and deleting and reinstalling NowTV app, but it doesn't help. 

Even tested this on an older FireTV stick we had lying around, exactly the same issues (both FireTV sticks were tested on Samsung TVs)  Didn't bother deleting and reinstalling app or restarting FireTV stick cos if it won't work for the newer one why will it work for the older one? 

Seems to be a FireTV issue rather than a NowTV issue as I managed to login and  stream from my phone, but when I'm at home and not on the go, I prefer a big screen TV. Has anyone else had this issue and or has any other ideas how to fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Qwerty1234 

There was an update to the Amazon fire stick a few days ago (well I carried one out). Have you ensured the stick is fully updated?

Can I assume you’ve tried unplugging your router for a few minutes?

Otherwise I would suggest to report via live chat. You have to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

You could also email support using the address from the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1672240586758.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Qwerty1234
Advocate

I might just report it to live chat. I tried updating the software on one fireTV stick (which I bought at the end of September, so not old) a few minutes ago and that's done nothing so that gives me no confidence.

I haven't tried unplugging the router cos I'm not techy and won't know how to hook everything back up, but if it was a router/WiFi issue it wouldn't work on my phone or my laptop which both  stream NowTV fine from the same WiFi network

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Qwerty1234 

You’ll be surprised what issues the internet can cause for certain streaming services. Sometimes just unplugging the router and them plugging it back in after few minutes will be enough to sort it out.

This is effectively doing a “reboot” to the router and very easy to do.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Qwerty1234 

This cookie consent screen page seems to be causing some issues for some.

I have had the same message across various NOW playback devices including my Amazon 4K Fire Stick and all buttons worked for me.

Somebody who owned a NOW Stick had the same problem and left the cookies consent screen on for around 5 to 10 minutes and then they was able to click on the buttons on screen to either accept cookies or under more cookie options allowed them to click on the other option buttons.

I think I read somewhere either on the NOW Community forum or over on NOW Twitter that adblocking software or a VPN on a Router was also possibly causing the buttons not to respond (though I might be wrong on this part and getting confused with something else non related).