cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app not working again after Roku update

Since Roku express plus updated on 22 April, NowTV app has refused to work.

spent a couple of hours online with Roku support and tried all the fixes - remove app, rebooting, reinstalling, etc, etc

The fixes suggested from NowTV also don’t fix

It appears the NowTV app needs an update to make it comparable with the latest Roku Plus update

The app works fine on other platforms 

Could @Anonymous User investigate and advise

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No - we did have an ad-blocker but turned it off a while back because of conflicts

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got this issue too, really annoying!

Forum
Mentor

I don't have this issue with Roku/Now. Howver I used to have the same issue with Roku/Netflix. It took ages to resolve but found it was a DNS issue. Changed DNS settings - use Open DNS for example - and Netflix was able to access. I also removed all parental controls on the broadband service (since added back). I don't know why Netflix was blocked back then but I haven't had issues since.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello what you are saying probably right. About full information on Roku app but always remember apps Like nowtv need to update themselves now and again/ after maintenance network has be carried out from your network provider/ network// remember you can update the app if there an err in the nowtv app you must make sure you are signed out in order to update the nowtv app you can then sign back in once the app you are using can go for an update you will see the app updating in your Roku store.. I hope you get it sorted best of luck with nowtv in Roku. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After many frustrating months, we got it working - by turning off our broadband providers VirusSafe option 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello if you are having big problems with the nowtv app on Roku app / try This don't forget to sign out make sure you do sign out of nowtv always remember the nowtv app has to refresh itself once you sign out on nowtv app on roku stick you will find the nowtv app in the Roku app store. Which means you will have to refresh the nowtv app in Roku app make sure you sign out of nowtv first then refresh Roku app after all this is done in the refresh department go to nowtv app to download it in your Roku store  you will then see the nowtv app downloading on the Roku app and you are fresh to go on nowtv on your Roku app Let me know how you get on. Best of luck with Roku app Viewing..