cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV DD5.1 audio on Series 7, episode 7 of Ray Donovan -- surround sound levels wrong

My wife and I are currently watching series 7 of Ray Donovan on our LG TV using the TV app., and have the Boost pass added to our account to give us full HD and 5.1 audio. When we watched episode 7 last night picture quality was fine (stream value 7832, as usual) but it was almost impossible to hear the actors speaking, as either the centre channel level was set too low, or the levels for the other channels were set far too high. Episode 6, which we watched last week, was fine.

There have been no new software updates on the TV (NowTV app. or TV), I haven't changed any settings at all and other streaming services such as Amazon Video and Netflix are fine.

I've tried using the NowTV chat service to report this issue but sadly the person dealing with my chat session just doesn't get what the problem is.

A friend of mine briefly checked the episode for me on her NowTV box and thought that she could hear the same issue, that of low dialogue levels, but only had a few minutes to try before she went on holiday for a few days.

Does anyone know how I can escalate issue this please? I'm paying for the Boost service but something isn't right. It's almost certain to be something to do with the content, but I just can't get my concerns recognised.

Cheers, Clem

• LG
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched it as well on SkyQ DD and yes the levels were all wrong. The surround was set way too high and as you said the centre was too low. Not sure about other episodes as just got a new set up over Christmas. Other programmes are ok.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch on sky HD box through Sony bravia xg95 and sound bar xf900 and am getting same issues.  It must be to do with the content.  I'm going to phone customer services in morning.  I though my TV and bar had gone on the blink when this happened last week for the first time.  It's too much of a coincidence for it to happen again and it only happens with ray donovan?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update...stopped watching hd and downloaded episode in SD. No problem with sound but the pictures not as good obviously but at least I can hear what's being said.  Will report to sky but I doubt they'll do anything about it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not just you!

We had the same issue with this (and the next episode) on a Sky+ box.

So bad we had to turn on subtitles.

Quite bizarre.

Cheers, Tom.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, nothing yet. I suggest reporting this to NowTV, quoting case number 06352131, and referencing this thread. The initial response that I had was that everything was OK, but that’s clearly not the case, given the posts here and on AVForums. It’s obviously a source material issue. 

Clem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, forgot to mention — episode 8 is bad too. I’ve provided NowTV with a couple of time indexes where things are really bad, so there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be able to troubleshoot this now.

Clem