cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV AppleTV App issue (AppleTV 4K)

I've got several issues with the AppleTV app which are annoying me.

1) The guide is very slow at updating on live Channels sometimes it doesn't update for about 3 or 4 Programs & likes to sit there with an old program as Live saying 0 mins remaining when the next program has been on and gone off.

2) since 7pm lastnight I'm nolonger able to watch Sky Living after watching any channel off any of the 3 Passes that I subscribe to (I get a  subscription messasge on screen saying Purchased Through iTunes? Restore), I started my Subscription via a voucher I got when I bought a NowTV Box with 3 Months Free Voucher so I can't Restore an iTunes Purchase. Every other Channel in the Entertainment Pass don't have this bug & none of the channels in the Movies & Kids PAsses suffer from this ether. I get it on the Sports Channels as I don't subscribe to them.

3) The Entertainment section shows Disney Channel in the list of live Channels when it's not part of the Entertainment Pass.

Support are useless at solving the Sky Living problem as I was told that the AppleTV app is made by a third party developer & to contact the Developer. The Developer for the app says Sky in the Apple App Store & when I select contact I get diverted to the NowTV Community website.

This is bugging the hell out of me as I don't have any issues with switching between any channels & Sky Living using the iOS app on my iPad.

Roland

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous User Sorry - slightly off topic, as it offers no solution to your current issue, but the following might be of general interest to you as an tv user...

Heads up all you tv Gen.4 & tv 4K owners!

Register now to join a trial of NOW TV's re-vamped app for tv as per the following post...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/We-need-your-help/m-p/472560#M12904

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already signed up for the AppleTV app trial.

Roland

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Living (Sky Witness) has now mysteriously started working as of last night. No idea wether it’s just coincidence that it started working around the time of the change from Sky Living to Sky Witness or what’s been changed but it’s back to normal now.

Roland

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tired watching it. Then coming off that channel. In to another. Then back?

mine seems to work (with the wrong TV guide info) then if I come off that channel. And then back on. It then asks for my pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having this issue.  Can one still trial the new app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so glad you have raised the sky living issue. 

I have just been patronisingly talked to by someone on the phone. Saying I need to check my Apple TV ‘manual’ 😂 as it’s nothing wrong on their side. It’s apples fault. 

My sky witnesse channel does the same to me too. Asking me for my pass when have one. All the other channels seems to work. 

Needless to say I’ll be formulating a complaint now about the manner in which I was spoken to.