cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV App all of a sudden not working on Samsung TV anymore

NowTV App all of a sudden not working on Samsung TV anymore - anyone know why or what to do to fix this?  It was all fine until two days ago and not just comes up as a black screen. No issues on any other apps. Very strange 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, quick update on this one. Got in touch with the samsung help centre, who advised the below. Couldn't find the DNS settings, so only turned the TV, unplugged the power, waited a while, plugged it back in. Then disconnected the Wifi, reconnected it again and voila all seems to be working fine again...    If that doesn't work for you, here are the samsung instructions also - good luck! 

This is to acknowledge that we have received your e-mail about your Samsung TV with model code UE40MU6470UXXU, and we understand that the Now TV app stopped working. We recommend to update the TV's software to version 1230.0 then perform the Smart Hub reset. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Power off then unplug the TV and external devices from the mains.

2. Plug in then power the TV on.

3. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Source', and choose 'TV'.

4. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Network'. Select 'Open Network Settings' then establish the network connection. Choose 'Network Status' then cancel the network authentication, select 'DNS Setting' then set it to 'Enter Manually', and enter '8.8.8.8' then reconnect to the network.

5. Ensure that the firmware will be latest.

5.1. If your TV has been connected either to a wired (LAN/Ethernet) or a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'Software Update'. Choose either 'Update Now' or 'Auto Update'.
        5.2. To manually update the firmware, download the latest firmware from https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40MU6470UXXU then save the file onto your computer or laptop.
        5.3. Extract/unzip the firmware file onto your USB flash drive. You may reformat the USB stick to either FAT16 or FAT32 to ensure that there will be enough space.
        5.4. Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port of your TV.
        5.5. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'Software Update'. Choose 'Update Now'.
        5.6. To confirm if the firmware upgrade will be successful, press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'About This TV' to see the version that will be installed.

6. Perform the Smart Hub reset.

6.1. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Support'. Select 'Self Diagnosis', choose 'Reset Smart Hub', and enter your 4-digit PIN (Default PIN: 0000). Finish the Smart Hub setup.

7. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Apps', and search for the Now TV app. Download then launch the app to check if it would work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem with Samsung TV blank screen and when it does load up It displays 

Page Not Found 

the page you requested could not be found. Click on the menu to visit a different page.

I cannot get to the menu to try a different page if it's not sorted soon going to cancel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is not working either. I just a small circle saying now tv loading and then it goes off?

I watch other apps on the tv fine just this one not loading.

Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you see the Now tv discs press "return" on your remote until you have terrestrial live tv then go back to Now tv.

This may work; it has for me as I have had a similar problem this week.  I suspect that Samsung has changed something.  Not ideal but I hope that you can get there.

Toftshaw

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem just keep getting loading circles 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, quick update on this one. Got in touch with the samsung help centre, who advised the below. Couldn't find the DNS settings, so only turned the TV, unplugged the power, waited a while, plugged it back in. Then disconnected the Wifi, reconnected it again and voila all seems to be working fine again...    If that doesn't work for you, here are the samsung instructions also - good luck! 

This is to acknowledge that we have received your e-mail about your Samsung TV with model code UE40MU6470UXXU, and we understand that the Now TV app stopped working. We recommend to update the TV's software to version 1230.0 then perform the Smart Hub reset. Please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Power off then unplug the TV and external devices from the mains.

2. Plug in then power the TV on.

3. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Source', and choose 'TV'.

4. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Network'. Select 'Open Network Settings' then establish the network connection. Choose 'Network Status' then cancel the network authentication, select 'DNS Setting' then set it to 'Enter Manually', and enter '8.8.8.8' then reconnect to the network.

5. Ensure that the firmware will be latest.

5.1. If your TV has been connected either to a wired (LAN/Ethernet) or a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'Software Update'. Choose either 'Update Now' or 'Auto Update'.
        5.2. To manually update the firmware, download the latest firmware from https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40MU6470UXXU then save the file onto your computer or laptop.
        5.3. Extract/unzip the firmware file onto your USB flash drive. You may reformat the USB stick to either FAT16 or FAT32 to ensure that there will be enough space.
        5.4. Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port of your TV.
        5.5. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'Software Update'. Choose 'Update Now'.
        5.6. To confirm if the firmware upgrade will be successful, press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', choose 'Support', and select 'About This TV' to see the version that will be installed.

6. Perform the Smart Hub reset.

6.1. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Support'. Select 'Self Diagnosis', choose 'Reset Smart Hub', and enter your 4-digit PIN (Default PIN: 0000). Finish the Smart Hub setup.

7. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Apps', and search for the Now TV app. Download then launch the app to check if it would work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That first bit of the instructions worked fir me, unplugged TV and Wi-fi, couldn’t believe how quick it came back on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem today with our new (month or so old Samsung), I also only unplugged tv, switched off router all back on and now working fine! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now TV just stopped working a blank screen I did as it says I turned the tv off unplugged it at the rear of the tv plugged it back in, then turned the WiFi off then put it back on and the app is working great again. Thank you for the advice.